Nation Ideas

thecivinator58

Warlord
Well we have Greece as a playable nation. What else could we add? Finland is in the works, I can help with that. Hungary and Romania are also possible. Any more ideas?

Poland should be playable in 1936 Europe/America mod!

Poland should be playable in 1936 Europe/America mod!

Poland could work in the 1936 map. Not the 1939 map though, it would be a really short game.

I agree with that!

One must also think of traits. For Finland, a bonus in Forests/ Marshes/ Tundra would be good. For Hungary and Romania, they can export oil that can not be stored to Germany/Italy (once oil is put in the mod). For Poland, a bonus on unforested grassland tiles, and air units get promos 10% faster might work. I can do info for the first three, and a little for Poland.

Before all of this though, we need to get around the 300 somthing unit limit.

Another interesting idea would be to have Spain and/or Sweden as playable civs, and they could elect to enter the war on one side or another, or stay out off it.

In the 1942 scenario, we could really use some Dominion's power. Canada, Australia/NewZealand could have some truly unique units and traits and were pretty important to the Allied war effort.

I would suggest after Finland there should be Romania. If you take; for example, the fact that Romania contributed more to the invasion of Russia then the choice would be clear. After Romania is playable (and hopefully a little agressive) Hungary, Turkey, Sweden, and Spain are all good options. Would there be a way of having a playable U.S.A. for the 1939-1945 Europe? Maybe giving them the eastern seaboard? I wouldn't want to see a bigger map though.

Anyway- to all those involved in this Mod, and its development. . . muchísimas gracias!!!!!

I would suggest after Finland there should be Romania. If you take; for example, the fact that Romania contributed more to the invasion of Russia then the choice would be clear. After Romania is playable (and hopefully a little agressive) Hungary, Turkey, Sweden, and Spain are all good options. Would there be a way of having a playable U.S.A. for the 1939-1945 Europe? Maybe giving them the eastern seaboard? I wouldn't want to see a bigger map though.

Anyway- to all those involved in this Mod, and its development. . . muchísimas gracias!!!!!

Turkey did nothing!

True, but if we are talking about nations that contributed things, Sweden and Spain only contributed a marginal amount by any sense of the word. I was just thinking about the 'open play' and how Turkey could really make a difference for Axis or Allies.

Yes, the 3 (Sweden, Spain, Turkey) are key nations in an alternate history scenario. But I'll prefer to add nations that had taken a part in real combats before, that makes Hungary and Romania higher on the list.

About Spain, for scenarios starting in 1936, both side would be required.

Yes, the 3 (Sweden, Spain, Turkey) are key nations in an alternate history scenario. But I'll prefer to add nations that had taken a part in real combats before, that makes Hungary and Romania higher on the list.

About Spain, for scenarios starting in 1936, both side would be required.

The nationalists would get german and italian equipment and republican spain would get soviet and french stuff, but after that it would get boring if alt history is off.

And who would be first, Hungary or Romania?

I have an idea: maybe you could have Hungary control Chech and Slovakia when played by a human. It may make things more interesting for those who choose to play Hungary.

Turkey, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland could be playable like in Civ IV Road to War but with generic units like Infantry, Improved Infantry, Cavalry, whatev.

I have an idea: maybe you could have Hungary control Chech and Slovakia when played by a human. It may make things more interesting for those who choose to play Hungary.

I was thinking that Slovakia could be a milliteristic city-state that gave Panzer 35ts and Panzer 38ts to Germany But that works to. Who knows, mabye one after everything else is done, Slovakia could even be a playable nation?

Top Bottom