National Wonders - As new cities are added, what really happens then

TimeWeaver

Warlord
Hi all! :)

I'm TimeWeaver and a brand-new member of this eminent forum!
I've been playing Civilization since Civ1, and now I have in my hands CiV.
Many times when I was playing Civ4, I popped in as a guest in the forums here and enjoyed it immensely, so this time I reckon I must join the CivFanatics bunch!

Anyhows, my newbie question is:
Exactly what happens as regards national wonders and addition of new cities?
Say I build National College with one city, and then I found another one. In game, it looks like the wonder is gone, and I have to build it again, but the numer of turns required have shrunk considerably.
I'm a bit confused, that's all... :confused:

In short, if I build a national wonder in the first city, for instance, will it last and count even as I build new cities? Coz when I play CiV, it doesn't look like it. It seems I have to rebuild somehow. Hmm, weird...

If you found/annex a new city BEFORE you finish the national wonder, then your progress is stopped and you have to get the necessary building in the new city to continute the National Wonder.

If you found/annex a new city BEFORE you finish the national wonder, then your progress is stopped and you have to get the necessary building in the new city to continute the National Wonder.

BUT, it remembers how much you spent building it so far, if you resume it in the city you started in.

BUT, it remembers how much you spent building it so far, if you resume it in the city you started in.

It also increases the price slightly for your total # of cities

Top Bottom