• In anticipation of the possible announcement of Civilization 7, we have decided to already create the Civ7 forum. For more info please check the forum here .

Native American Lineages Discovered in Iceland

And you're continuing to misunderstand exactly what the world was lie during the ice age. What you are describing simply would not have happened. You said it yourself: you go where the food is. And there was absolutely no goddamn food on the Arctic ice shelf. There was plenty of it to the south, away from the ice though, which is why there was a significant amount of people living in what is today Ukraine and Siberia; because most of the megafauna - super-sized version of modern animals, like great buffalo and wooly mammoths - migrated through these regions. Most of the fisherpeople lived along the Mediterranean or even further south, and none of them had any interest in migrating for food when it was plentiful.

there's food under the ice

Jesus Christ

and "to the south" aint relevant to peoples living in the far north

cya
And how exactly do you think they get the food from under the ice? Last time I checked, primitive peoples couldn't drill holes in ice shelves. How the hell do you not understand this? It's one thing to go hole fishing in Alaska, as the Eskimo still do, and another entirely to go hole-fishing on the bloody Artic ice cap. It would be physically impossible for large numbers of people to travel by foot across the polar ice cap today, let alone during the period you are discussing.

You are talking absolute gibberish, and no matter how many times I correct you you just continue to spout the same erroneous beliefs. Some of the bridges you've spoken of didn't even exist, for crying out loud.

I'm done with this argument. You're clearly not worth the time, since you aren't even trying to have a discussion, just spouting the same erroneous crap.

And how exactly do you think they get the food from under the ice? Last time I checked, primitive peoples couldn't drill holes in ice shelves.

The ice has gaps and holes that form or exist for a variety of reasons... Thats how polar bears hunt from the ice now, and the notion that people couldn't figure out how to make a hole in the ice is :lol:

How the hell do you not understand this? It's one thing to go hole fishing in Alaska, as the Eskimo still do, and another entirely to go hole-fishing on the bloody Artic ice cap.

Eskimos have been hunting that way for a very long time.

It would be physically impossible for large numbers of people to travel by foot across the polar ice cap today, let alone during the period you are discussing.

I never said a large group traveled by foot, I said people could have made the trip by walking and boating (or sledding for that matter). And they could have in spite of what you think was physically impossible.

You are talking absolute gibberish, and no matter how many times I correct you you just continue to spout the same erroneous beliefs. Some of the bridges you've spoken of didn't even exist, for crying out loud.

I didn't mention any bridges

I'm done with this argument. You're clearly not worth the time, since you aren't even trying to have a discussion, just spouting the same erroneous crap.

:cry:

The Lord's balls are missing, just dont respond to me in the future

Moderator Action: Infraction for flaming, after a specific general warning to let it be. - KD
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

cya

The ice has gaps and holes that form or exist for a variety of reasons... Thats how polar bears hunt from the ice now, and the notion that people couldn't figure out how to make a hole in the ice is :lol:

So their reason for avoiding it like the plague today?

Eskimos have been hunting that way for a very long time.
And their reason for avoiding it like the plague today?

Top Bottom