Natives don't build their gold back up??? (TAC)

Superjew

Chieftain
First of all I'm aware of this very informative post:

https://www.civfanatics.com/civ4col/strategy/trading-with-natives/

This came as a shock to me...you can almost see the progression of a previous thread I made to this thread.

I was under the assumption the natives would gradually rebuild their gold as time passed by. I thought I read that in his post.

However I went to the Shuar village and dumped a bunch of muskets on them early on, they had 21xx gold left. I figured they'd have plenty for a return trip with a load of horses.

That's not what happened at all. return trip to Europe+Return trip to New World+8 turns to sail my caravel to them, so all in all this whole process burns through a lot of game time real life and in game. Finally the big day comes I'm about to dump a bunch of horses on them and they got like 21xx gold still???

So it's like, once the gold is gone...it's gone for good. And maybe it makes more sense to sell them a lot of stuff once you can build that horsehocky yourself and get all profit instead of purchasing it from Europe. And if that's the case, it's sad especially in regards to real life implications, if they're permanently poor once the gold is gone, the game kind of encourages you to remove them outright since if you can't make anything trading with them there's not much benefit to keeping them around. I don't know, Col 1, it was more of a softcap, you gradually lost profitability, and they may or may not have rebuilt their gold, but eventually a constant trade with the natives, there wasn't much profit in it, so you didn't heavily focus mid-late game around it.

I was sooo disappointed, they had easily over 20 turns to build up some gold from when I sold them muskets, and they had nothing.

I might sell an early load or two of horses to a few natives around the map, but if the natives can't rebuild their gold, I guess it makes more sense to invest in a galleon fleet and ship treasures back and forth.

I was under the assumption the natives would gradually rebuild their gold as time passed by.
That is a feature that added in RaR (Religion and Revolution) and thus also exists in WTP (We the people) .
It never existed in TAC.

I know that, because I created that feature. :)

WTP is the most current mod. (It was based on RaR when development for RaR ended.)
It is also the biggest mod ever created for Civ4Col.

TAC --> RaR --> WTP

Top Bottom