NDipNES: A Broken Dream

The new Californian Potentate slicked his oily hair back. If he were any more of a typical greaser, he'd have to go to the car shop and change oil soon. It was a wonder why he got put into power. Actually, it wasn't to him; his arm was stronger than most.

He fancied himself a poet, even though he didn't know it. He wanted to write a rhyme, but he didn't have the time. So then, he asked the corpsmen, and a ditty they wrote so slickly.

Sung roughly to the tune of the Soviet Union National Anthem.

Oh, Ca-li-for-nia!
You are surely the land of freedom.
Forsooth, for sure, fo'sho we are.
The other lands are surely loathsome.

Can you see our dominion growing?
It's no mean feat, we assure.
Yet we will strive to be
Indubitably pure!

We accept all colors
From red to black to orange
Those pure of heart need not fear
How are we supposed to rhyme with orange?

oh.

I was more expecting "California rest in peace
Simultaneous release
California show your teeth
She's my priestess, I'm your priest
Yeah, yeah."

or

Spoiler any one of these :
"California" by Belinda Carlisle
"California" by Blatz
"California" by Bob Dylan early version of "Outlaw Blues"
"California" by Casanovas
"California" by Copeland
"California" by Darren Hayes
"California" by Dressy Bessy
"California" by Flash and the Pan
"California" by Gianna Nannini
"California" by Gina Villlalobos
"California" by Gomez
"California" by Hawk Nelson
"California (All the Way)" by Luna
"California" by Joey McIntyre
"California" by Joni Mitchell
"California" by Kenny Chesney
"California" by Lenny Kravitz
"California" by The Kooks
"California" by Low
"California" by Manfred Mann's Earth Band (lyrics by Sue Vickers)
"California" by The Moffatts
"California" by Mylene Farmer
"California" by Quasi
"California" by Phantom Planet (the theme song of The OC)
"California" by Robert Bradley's Blackwater Surprise
"California" by The Rentals
"California" by Rogue Wave
"California" by Rufus Wainwright
"California" by Sarah Slean
"California" by Sly Boogy
"California" by Stroke 9
"California" by Semisonic
"California" by Tea Leaf Green
"California" by Unified Theory
"California" by Unsensored
"California" by Wave
"California" by Wax (band)
"California" by Weezer
"California" by Wilson Phillips
"California" by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers

and by the way, Door Hinge.

The new Californian Potentate slicked his oily hair back. If he were any more of a typical greaser, he'd have to go to the car shop and change oil soon. It was a wonder why he got put into power. Actually, it wasn't to him; his arm was stronger than most.

He fancied himself a poet, even though he didn't know it. He wanted to write a rhyme, but he didn't have the time. So then, he asked the corpsmen, and a ditty they wrote so slickly.

Sung roughly to the tune of the Soviet Union National Anthem.

Oh, Ca-li-for-nia!
You are surely the land of freedom.
Forsooth, for sure, fo'sho we are.
The other lands are surely loathsome.

Can you see our dominion growing?
It's no mean feat, we assure.
Yet we will strive to be
Indubitably pure!

We accept all colors
From red to black to orange
Those pure of heart need not fear
How are we supposed to rhyme with orange?

Please please do not make a fool out of the Californian people. I refuse to even think that our song would be based off the tune for Commies.

Please please do not make a fool out of the Californian people. I refuse to even think that our song would be based off the tune for Commies.

QQ moar lulz :mischief:

I'll do whatever I want with the Californians. I live here too.

I dont know WTH that first part is.

And then yes I can tell you off because California is not a hippie lovin commie embracing love fest aight. Straight up west side mofo we put caps in peeps homie.

Door-hinge rhymes with Orange, at least if you speak it slightly mumbled and don't accentuate the 'h'. :p

Door-hinge rhymes with Orange, at least if you speak it slightly mumbled and don't accentuate the 'h'. :p
lurker's comment: There's an unwritten rule that "silver" is allowed to rhyme with "orange" for certain purposes. For more information, consult the box in Warehouse 23.

You can always comfort yourself by the fact that LightFang is totally musically illiterate, and that the phrases of that song he posted couldn't fit onto the Soviet National Anthem even with lubrication and a crowbar. ;)

I have 5/8 orders. Still a lot of time left until the deadline, but early orders early update. And yes j_eps, I counted yours.

You can always comfort yourself by the fact that LightFang is totally musically illiterate, and that the phrases of that song he posted couldn't fit onto the Soviet National Anthem even with lubrication and a crowbar. ;)

I have 5/8 orders. Still a lot of time left until the deadline, but early orders early update. And yes j_eps, I counted yours.

1. If I were musically illiterate, I wouldn't have made the auditions to be in the school jazz band. :| Nor would I be in Certificate of Merit level 8.
2. I said "roughly", meaning I got to play around with it and not make it fit perfectly. It's called artistic license. What kind of license do you have, a fishing one?
3. It's important to have three points, because this alludes to the Holy Trinity.
4. But it's even more important to have an even number.
5. The best thing is not to let your number of points be dictated by some arbitrary deciding factor though.
6. I don't see anybody else bored enough to write anything, even if the song I wrote was really crappy and written in about two minutes.

I only said you were musically illiterate based on that song alone. You can speak of jazzbands all you like, they would just be words to me, and actions speak louder than words.

That said, I know you never intended it to be a fit, I just tried to calm human-slaughter (who btw presumably is a-musical, or doesn't know the soviet anthem, since he couldn't tell the bad fit ;)). And of course I appreciate your boredness, why would I otherwise bother to pester you for it? :p

just for the record I have a driving license and a fishing license. And no, I have never heard that heathenistic and blasphemys song.

just for the record I have a driving license and a fishing license. And no, I have never heard that heathenistic and blasphemys song.

It's a good song.

You think I could just take a translation of it, and replace Soviet with Atlantic?

Never heard? Never watched a sports event, like the Olympics? Then you hear it about 20-30 times if you're really lucky. Actually, for all my life I've always thought the Soviet anthem were to best, most inspiring of all. I was, like so many others, devastated when the Soviet fell and Russia chose a new anthem (of course not by the fall itself, you get it :p). Luckily after a few years they changed it back, so now you get to hear it again at the Olympics and elsewhere.

Here it is, with a translation into english, for those who are not afraid of the heathenistic and blasphemous. ;)

I've been a bit busy the past days, but now I'm not... and I'm still missing two sets of orders. Massive NMR on builds in other words. Expect an update shortly.

You DO have my orders, right? I can see it in my sent items, but you may have accidentally deleted them or something.

@Iggy: Yes I do.

@TBR: The deadline is there for you, not me. :p

Top Bottom