Need help from coders on AC90 bug...

FM_Freyland

Vote with your wallets!
Hi all,

Having been burned by this bug several times, I have been giving it a lot of thought. To summarize, when a turn ends and the AC is at 90 or more, the Avatar of Wrath event occurs, causing all living units to get the enraged promotion. Unfortunately, the game seems to go into an infinite loop of processing that it cannot seem to break. I am hypothesizing that perhaps what is happening involves overlap between the game sequentially giving the promotion and also trying to check each unit to see if it goes barbarian. A way to confirm this would be to change the enraged promotion so that the game checks for transformation the turn after the promotion is obtained. It is also possible that the glitch is solely related to the game checking all of those units for barbarian transformation, and separating the two events would also help isolate that as a problem.

I have no idea how to open my files for modding, let alone how to make the changes required to test my ideas. If anyone with knowledge could help, I would be grateful to know if I was right or wrong. Of course, if I am totally off base my apologies for wasting anyone's time reading this! :crazyeye:

Thanks
Jonathan

Oh, another thought with less logical explanation but still plausible would be if the game gives the enraged promotion to units that should not be allowed to have it (example, demons) and then the game hangs when a few units go barbarian but shouldn't be able to. Again, probably just reaching.....

You can dig through the Python code if you want, all you need is some form of text editor, notepad works well. I looked but didn't find the errors, maybe you will have more luck. The AC is called "GLOBAL_COUNTER" in the code, I believe.

Top Bottom