need help picking a civ

Opticnoobskillz

Chieftain
I'm not a great Civ5 player but i really want to get better, is their any civ that would work well to my play style, seeing as how i don't do that well unless i use the over used civs like Poland and Babylon and i suck at picking a good civ to be.

I usually go for cultural or domination victory, i go tall, and usually am very aggressive with my religion
also i recently got BNW and would like some help knowing which social policies to go for, i'm not very familiar with the new policies trees that they added

Thanks to any who could help me

So maybe religious or cultural Civ?

Try Celts, Byzantine, Ethiopia or Maya.

Celts, Ethiopia, and Maya are the ones with direct bonuses towards getting a religion.

Byzantine doesn't have a direct bonus towards founding a religion but gets a bonus once they do.

Arabs & Morocco both have a Desert Bias (Desert Faith); which is often the strongest faith pantheon.

Russia does have a Tundra bias, but that one actually tends to place your capital "near" Tundra rather than in it. (Plus the pantheon doesn't work on forest which is the best thing that can be on tundra)

Spain gets 2X any natural wonder bonus and so can choose One With Nature to get 8 faith per natural wonder even if it doesn't naturally produce any.

Every other civ is generic civ for religion.

If instead wanting Cultural bonuses:

Japan gets culture from sea resources
Brazil gets culture from their UI (in addition Sacred Path may be the most powerful cultural pantheon)
France gets culture from their UI.
Siam gets culture from their Wat (whose base building is a University), so some extra culture there. (In addition "Wat abuse" possible from Legalism)
Ethiopia's UB produces more culture than the base building

Spain: If there is a cultural natural wonder nearby, they get double normal.

In addition, there are several civs with a UB whose base building is a culture one that produces a bonus that is non-cultural. (Incentive to build a cultural building earlier than normal)

Assyria actually has a disincentive from building Amphitheater early due to the Royal Library also having a spot for a Great Work of Writing.

All other civs are generic civ for culture.

I'd pick Ethiopia. Nice Culture, nice religion, they get an defensive bonus when going tall, they're easy to play and overall very versatile.

Top Bottom