Need help regarding custom civilization (Sri Lanka).

COF

Emperor
So, as some of you may know Light in the east is making a Sri Lanka mod. The good news is that the civ is basically done. Bad news is that whenever the civ is loaded and I press start game it crashes. Naturally I checked the logs first only to find that any relevant data was related to TSL coordinates, which I deleted and tryed again with the same results and empty logs.

So yeah, here's the whole mod.

If anyone knows anything I would really, really be thankful to any advice since this is the only thing that's the keeping the mod from release.

Thanks in advance.

Error is much likely in Trait.xml, where you are adding dummy building granting 1 Production from river tiles (balance error 315, you must enable balance logging).
Fix:
Code:
	<BuildingClasses>
		<Row>
			<Type>BUILDINGCLASS_SRI_LANKA_FOOD_STORED</Type>
			<DefaultBuilding>BUILDING_SRI_LANKA_FOOD_STORED</DefaultBuilding>
		</Row>
	</BuildingClasses>
	<Buildings>
		<Row>
			<Type>BUILDING_SRI_LANKA_FOOD_STORED</Type>
			<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_SRI_LANKA_FOOD_STORED</BuildingClass>

Well, balance is the matter of view, if you like it, keep it.
I like that you thought about making Shrine unsellable (though cost seems to high). I don't think that "GetJONSCultureStored()" is what you want to make UB work.

I am adding "NukeImmune" true tag to dummy buildings (just for sure).
Dummy building has FoodKept not mentioned in UA.

Oh, thanks a lot! I really had no clue what the hell was going on with the mod. The dummy UB is actually not even supposed to be there in this version either since bane_ did the whole UA in lua for us.

Once regalman gets on we should be able to fix these issues and release the civ. Thanks a lot once again.

You should also be in the habit of giving dummy buildings a <Description> tag both in <Buildings> and in <BuildingClasses>. There are specific cases where omission will cause lock of the game -- spy assignment panel will lock if any building has an espionage modifier but no <Description> tag, for example. The <Description> tag will not cause the building to become "unhidden", either in city view or in civilopedia, so it is better to be in the habit of including the <Description> tag.

Top Bottom