Need help: Trouble with custom models

OkLarian

Chieftain
So I have been working for the past 3 days on my own mod for Civ 5. I have run across forums and google to get this to work. While most of the basic stuff is done, I am having some major issues exporting and importing models correctly. Most of the things I see is either outdated, doesn't flat out work or works halfway through, and then I get stuck.

So basically what I am doing is trying to add a custom model for a unit (replacing the Longswordsmen). It uses the unmodified skeleton of the Pikemen ( i took both Pikeman and longswordsman into 3DS max, removed the pikeman model except for his spear, and removed the Longswordsman's sword and scabbard). I have tried importing and exporting between 3DS max, Blender 2.77 and Nexus Buddy 2.3.2 (since 2.3.3 wont work at all for me for some odd reason). And after 3 days i am completely exhausted and I am about to give up.

So my last hope now is one of you guys out there, with more experience than me to help me out. I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post, this is my first time posting.

Please help, I have come pretty far, and It would be a shame stopping after coming this far.

Edit: Decided to add some more info here.
Been looking at Deliverator's tutorials. however Blender is IMO pretty bad when it comes to using it, since i have been working with 3DS Max ever since i started 3D modelling.

Even then, the scripts don't work. I get errors trying to export my meshes from blender into BR2 format.
On top of that i tried to insert my own custom mesh, over the skeleton and therefore replacing the original mesh. I simply don't know hotw to use Blender, and while 2.77 is more user friendly with it's UI. 2.49 is messy and I find no help in terms of how to find tools and modifiers i usually work with in Max.

I have attached the main files I have been working with/on. If there are other files I am missing that migt be of help, do let me know.

Attachments

• Dragoon.rar
    309.5 KB · Views: 37
Moderator Action: Moved to Creation & Customization

I understand your frustration entirely, because I have often had similar issues. For that reason, I'm not sure I would be the best help for you, but I know for sure no one else can help immediately if you don't give a better description of where exactly you're stuck and/or attach some files to look at.

Top Bottom