[NEED HELP!!!] What is a mixtape, and how does it go fire?

kadapunny

Chieftain
A kangaroo friend I met while bickering with a rice farmer has debated with me for quite a while and told me to make a post on civfanatics about how I do the do in civ. We started this argument when I thought of the mod idea to incorporate uniqueness of other civs into combining them in teamfights. Aka, if you're china, you get hwachas IF you have korea on your team. Basically, he said that's a bad idea. I said not so much since civilizations cannot be fluid.
He then said that made no sense. I said provided an example. Poland. Sure, poland is SS tier. It's strong and powerful. But is it really versatile? Let me laugh, and here's why.
Poland's ability provides a social policy with every era you go through. This is going based off of the all dlc modo by the way. Their skill can be put into simple terms that it's tall to do. The long cut is that when playing wide, you shall ultimately receive less science because of the fact that settlers stop growth. Less growth means less science since 1 pop = 1 science. Also, libraries provide extra science to that number, but is only boosted from higher pop. That is due to the many buildings which do percent increase for science. National College, Universities, Rationalism, Research Labs, Observatories, etc. However, if you get percent increases with a number that is small in the first place, the percent increase is also small. Even if you do manage to get high pop in MANY cities, that's tons of happiness into the drain in seconds. You become outclassed by the fact you have a lot of pop and a lot of cities. Besides, that 5% science cost for every city means something. In the early game it's no deal, which is where you have all those lovely techs up until printing press. This all adds up into the ultimate net loss of science. By the way, this is taking account that you're facing a dude with the same skill level as you. That is due to the fact of if you're better than them, you win. Duh... If they're more skillful than you, they win. Duh... And of course territory can botch playthroughs. If one is in a desert with only hills, it is of course recommended to play wider since of their lack of pop, but lovely use of production.
So why even play wide? To of course get more buildings. This is because tourism is handed out in small doses, and can only be boosted from multiple cities. One can argue they have a lot of buildings in one city, but shall be always botched from their lack of instantly putting more great works in place. Besides, that one reformation belief for the faith buildings also is severely botched with few cities. Tourism victory is for winning quick. Therefore, one would want more production than food. And of course, the buildings that do provide tourism should be looked at. As well as great works. Each one provides culture. And a lot. 2 culture for each great work, and yet more culture for everything else. That then shows that compared to a tall player, wide player shall eventually get more social policies. Which then, that then, is why Poland's ability alone shows they are tall.
But it doesn't end there. Winged Hussars do require resources. Sadly, if you have less land (as you may play tall), you have less access to resources. However, it's horses we're talking about. When unlocking of all things, Winged Hussars. If you look to your right, you see Red Fort, as well. Which that is an obvious wee woo for a tall wonder. Its culture, great scientist point, lack of great work holding, and ultimate power to provide more IF you have more, due to percent increases instead of flat bonus. Now, as for the Winged Hussar itself, it provides shock. Shock is for 15% bonus on open lands. That shows if you've been trying to get population mercilessly while defending your lands since Winged Hussars have severe botched abilities to take cities, they are there for defending on your farms. They help your farms and academies NOT GET PILLAGED. From things like horsemen and such. Besides, if you don't want sieged, you must get your enemies away from your borders. They may not be in the general zone of science type techs since it required about 18 or 20 wide oriented techs to get to metallurgy, but Winged Hussars are there for your cute tall city(s). Finally, their ducal stable is for also going along with Winged Hussars, and their ability to not only upkeep them (since you get a small, non obese amount of gold) but also have production towards them. Basically, say you've rushed education. Now enemies are at your borders. Quickest way to get through is to get Winged Hussars quickly. With both the ducal stable and the gold upkeep so you can make them carelessly you can ultimately live longer. As well as having your lovely Red Fort. This then shows that all civs, as versatile as one may claim, are not. That then proves that if they were to collide with eachother's uniques, they would be very versatile, and therefore fun.
My question is, do I do civ like an idiot?

Top Bottom