• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Need help with modbuddy

ronjon

Warlord
I am sure this has been answered somewhere, I just do not know where-When I try to open modbuddy I am told to download 'visual studio 2010 isolated shell redistributable', and when I click on the link am told it does not exist, and have downloaded the 2008 version, but still modbuddy does not open. What have I missed?

I am sure this has been answered somewhere, I just do not know where-When I try to open modbuddy I am told to download 'visual studio 2010 isolated shell redistributable', and when I click on the link am told it does not exist, and have downloaded the 2008 version, but still modbuddy does not open. What have I missed?

This topic should be in the overall C&C forum, rather than the tutorial one, so a moderator will move it soon. There's also an answer to your question right at the top of that forum. :p

I am pretty sure you answered my question before I even submitted it. Are you Kreskin?

I am pretty sure you answered my question before I even submitted it. Are you Kreskin?

Just at the right place at the right time!

And why has this not been fixed? And thank you.

No problem! Why hasn't the download been fixed from the install? Unfortunately, this is an issue with Firaxis' stuff talking to Microsoft's stuff. VS2010 is relatively old now and it looks like MS moved the file download and Firaxis haven't updated their installer.

Since you are still around and have proven to be helpful , maybe you could tell me how to update modbuddy paths. when I try to open modbuddy, this "c:/program files (x86)/steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v" appears under Civilization 5 path, and under Civilization 5 user path is blank, and I assume I am supposed to fill it with God knows what.

Top Bottom