need to hurry at the first turn?

wysiwygger

Blitz programmer
if you need to hurry something at the first turn you start building it, but it costs too much unless you wait a turn, you could instead switch to worker and hurry for 80 gold then switch to what you want to hurry and hurry it for the normal price.

Yup, I do that all the time. After I capture an AI city, instead of starving them to dead, I just pay 160 gold to rush a new settler in every turn. First I pay 80 golds for the worker, then I switch the worker to the settler and pay another 80 golds to rush it; otherwise, it would cost 320 golds or something like that.

if you can afford it, disband a unit in that city. That will add some shields into it, even if it's only 1(warriors). Sometimes I save all my un-upgradable units just for that purpose.

Originally posted by DaDoo
if you can afford it, disband a unit in that city. That will add some shields into it, even if it's only 1(warriors). Sometimes I save all my un-upgradable units just for that purpose.

What a great idea!

I always scraifce a working to start a project then buy it. I got plenty of them because I raze a lot of cities.

Good idea! Had often used slaves just to add the first 2 shields and not pay double price, but rushing a worker, then rushing the remaining is something I had not even thinked about!! :)

I used to exploit this all the time in Civ2. They finally fixed it in Civ3 in the 1.29f patch, but I don't know if this is still possible in earlier versions.

It works, not in the Civ2 like way, but only to remove the double-cost-if-no-shields. So incremental rush buying has never worked in Civ3, IIRC.

Top Bottom