New Barbarian Units

Callonia

Deity
Barbarian Swordmen doesn't require iron.

Barbarian Horsemen doesn't require horses.

Barbarian Hand-Axe is 1 range but can be upgraded to Knights.

This basically buffed Germany who can get barbarians to join them from barbarian encampments xD

At least half of my army was barbarian swordmen with a bunch of super early horsemen xD

nope we're only allowed to talk about how germany was made redundant because of the zulus sorry

nope we're only allowed to talk about how germany was made redundant because of the zulus sorry

I'm such a rebel for going against the trend.

LOL ^ this

It seems like the handaxe unit is a real advantage if you can snag enough too because i believe they do not suffer a meele combat penalty despite their ranged status. This makes them pretty cool b/c no one else has a ranged unit that can defend itself against infantry. Also can you meele attack WITH the handaxe? just curious b/c that would make them great for sacking cities

Barbarian Swordmen doesn't require iron.
Barbarian Horsemen doesn't require horses.
Barbarian Hand-Axe is 1 range but can be upgraded to Knights.

This basically buffed Germany who can get barbarians to join them from barbarian encampments xD

At least half of my army was barbarian swordmen with a bunch of super early horsemen xD
That's a very nice early side effect of the new barbarian units. I'll have to re-try Germany some time soon after I'm done testing the new Civs.

I found that the increased barbarian camps due to less early city expansion was a bigger factor then the new units, snagging 3-4 free units early is decent so long as you have the coins to afford them. Previously the barbarian camps were to far and between plus for the most part could be ignored, now they pillage trade routes so all players much be on the offense against them.

It also kind of forces you play more aggressively as Germany, since you are likely taking the Honor opener early you are more likely to grab some of the other Honor policies thus making you want to do some early-mid warmongering,

You can also build Terracotta Army and get additional barbarian special units to join your force.

Top Bottom