[DLL] (6-01a) Captured Units Gain "Purchased XP" from Nearest City - Reduce Capture Chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinMc

Warlord
This proposal is a tweak of Enginseer's proposal here:

I think France is massively OP as it stands now. You can raise a crazy barbarian army which allows you to snowball early game. Mid game you start generating huge amounts of 0xp useless captured units as AI has a huge army to farm. This means you keep generating terrible units you don't want every war. This doesn't feel good and causes a lot of micro.
Also suiciding these units is also incredibly strong as it completely bogs down the enemy army if you have half-decent happiness to handle the war weariness.

Proposal:
Maintain the proposal as per Enginseer for XP, but also nerf capture chance from 50% at equal CS to 25% capture chance at equal CS.

Current capture% math: Capture chance = 10% + MyCombatStrength/TheirCombatStrength * 40%, capped at 80%.
New capture% math:: Capture chance = MyCombatStrength/TheirCombatStrength * 25%, capped at 50%.

Capture% old formulaCapture% new formula
1:2 enemy favor
30%​
13%​
1:1.5 enemy favor
37%​
17%​
1:1 equal CS
50%​
25%​
1.5:1 your favor
70%​
38%​
2:1 your favor
80%​
50%​

Rationale:
Rare but stronger captures will feel more special and give you a little dopamine hit instead of an "oh god another unit" feeling. It will nerf France's ridiculous barbarian snowball. It will reduce micro mid to late game and keep captured units relevant instead of suicide charging them as meat-shields which feels lame and gamey.

This may nerf the Sea Beggar, I have not played as Netherlands, but they are so tanky and annoying to kill I do not have a lot of sympathy for them.

Last edited:
The current formula is: Capture chance = 10% + MyCombatStrength/TheirCombatStrength * 40%, capped at 80%.

With the three conditions you mentioned, a linear relationship between CS ratio and capture chance is not possible. The three points (1/2, 0), (1, 25), (2, 50) are not on a line.

I think 6-89 proposal by @azum4roll targets a bit Capturing in a decent way.

The current formula is: Capture chance = 10% + MyCombatStrength/TheirCombatStrength * 40%, capped at 80%.

With the three conditions you mentioned, a linear relationship between CS ratio and capture chance is not possible. The three points (1/2, 0), (1, 25), (2, 50) are not on a line.
MAGI: Based on this note, the proposal will need to be updated to work with the current formula, or changed entirely.

Thank you very much for the explanation.

MAGI: Based on this note, the proposal will need to be updated to work with the current formula, or changed entirely.
I have amended the proposal. Change the capture % math to: Capture chance = MyCombatStrength/TheirCombatStrength * 25%, capped at 50%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom