New brazilian football sensation

MCdread

Couldn't she get drowned?
In recent months a new amazing talent has atracted some widespread atention in Brazil. So far so good, as we're all used to see fantastic young players coming out of Brazil, but actually there is something unusual about this one. He's 9 years old. Yeah, you read well: 9 years old.

PARANÁ, Jan 26 (SW) - The Argentinian newspapar Clarín has published a video which shows an extremely talented nine year old player of the Brazilian team ADAP in the town of Paraná.

Jean Carlos Chera currently weighs 35 kilograms and is 1,37 meter tall, and is already a key target for European top clubs FC Porto and Manchester United, who both want the youngster's entire family to move to Europe.

Chera, who plays football under the name Anderson, shares the field with players four years older than he is, and manages to surprise all spectators with his actions. ADAP chairman Adilson Batista Prado commented: "He's phenomenal, I've never seen anything like this before. He keeps on surprising. Everybody who sees him play is fascinated."

The video can still be seen here, but Clarín's webmaster has already announced to take the link down soon, in order to avoid a site-crash.

As much as I'd be excited about the prospect of Porto signing such promising kid, isn't 9 years old a little too little? In recent years the top european clubs have scanned the globe searching for young stars, and very young kids have been brought to their youth academies, where most of them failed to live to the expectations (Neil Lamptey anyone...). Isn't it somewhat irresponsible (and almost criminal) to put so much pressure on 9 or 12 year old kids when their mental and physical structures are still far from being developped and bring them to Europe, where they miss their families and friends? Sometimes it turns out that their poor parents are also the ones pushing for agreements with clubs. What do you think of all that?

Btw, here's a video of the kid in action. He sure looks great, but OTOH I've seen a video of a 12 years old portuguese player called José Dominguez where he looked like Maradona. He's now 30 years old and you can ask Hitro how good he has done during his career in Germany. ;) Actually, if you never heard about him you don't need to ask...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/francis_thompson/pics/jean_carlos.wmv

I think it is far too early to start putting pressure on the kid, and comparing him. I heard somewhere he would be the best player ever to come out of Brazil. At 9.

Sure, he's making some 13 year olds look stupid, and he has great control and tricks. But there is much more to it in the senior game and he may not make it.

Firstly, he is of course far too young for all this, but the rules that English clubs are only allowed to ‘sign’ kids within an hours drive or so of the club, it is not surprising they end up looking outside of England for good youngsters.
As regards the video, he does look how I might imagine a young Maradonna looked at that age.

PS Talk that new rules are going to ensure fans also have to come from within an hours drive of each club has been grossly exaggerated :lol: :lol:

That could be disasterous for some inner city teams where their stadium might be surrounded by a orad network that acts as a car park for most of the day. Sorry you can't support this team because there is no way you can get through the traffic in under an hour.

True, he is only 9 years old. He can break a leg and poof! There goes his soccer career and then what will he do? Bottom line.... he is too young

I bet this kid will have ruined ankles by the time he's 15.

EDIT : and I've watched the video. Three things :
- at this age, goalkeepers SUCK big time
- he will have to learn to play with a team, like, you know, make passes and stuff like that
- I guess it must be pretty boring to play in his team :)

Wow he's not a bad little player a team could sign him by buying his family a house near the stadium and then say he's an hour's drive away

Inter will buy him and then sell him to Madrid.

I seen some stuff of this kid and it´s really amazing, especially the force and technique of his shots is really, really superb... but well, ADAP is a mediocre team that is doing pretty well in this years state championship (hey, I´m in Curitiba, Parana!) but well.. his talent will probably be wasted because of too much attention

Article today in The Observer about Cherno Samba, reckoned to be an amazing striker with a huge future (also great in CM03/04). Said he has lost his motivation after not getting the big club, now at Cadiz in Spain after being released by Millwall. Sooooooo many slips between cup and lip for a 9 year old.

Is it me or do child prodigies never get anywhere in life? I'm not just talking about sports.

Top Bottom