New civ linked to new resource

Indonesia holds the new resource(s) and there will be no new resources only Indonesia gets the resource(s) even though we don't know what it is so we can stop the speculating possibly close the thread since we know Indonesia has the one and only new resource(s)

Indonesia holds the new resource(s) and there will be no new resources only Indonesia gets the resource(s) even though we don't know what it is so we can stop the speculating possibly close the thread since we know Indonesia has the one and only new resource(s)

We don't know... that's the reason we speculate.

You want to link us to a source for that statement of fact?

You want to link us to a source for that statement of fact?
[/URL][/IMG]

It says right in the UA and in the pax demo either ed beach or dennis shirk says only one civ and that is Indonesia we don't know the resource but because of the name of the UA it must be some kind of spice. I couldn't get it bigger and if you want it bigger check the second page of the BNW images thread.

I'm still not convinced Indonesia is the "new resource civ" since they still haven't talked about the new resource. If the resource would give away the civ it's a bit odd they wouldn't be talking about it or allowing reviewers to talk about it since Indonesia has already been announced. It's not like it would give anything away talking about it now if it is indeed Indonesia that is tied to the new resource.

I'm still not convinced Indonesia is the "new resource civ" since they still haven't talked about the new resource. If the resource would give away the civ it's a bit odd they wouldn't be talking about it or allowing reviewers to talk about it since Indonesia has already been announced. It's not like it would give anything away talking about it now if it is indeed Indonesia that is tied to the new resource.
It says in the UA of Indonesia. "The first 3 cities founded on continents other than where Indonesia started each provide two unique luxury resources ( and can never be razed)."

We may not know the resource(s) but we know Indonesia is the civ of the resource(s) and dennis shirk and ed beach said only one civ will get unique luxuries. So it is already proven.

It says in the UA of Indonesia. "The first 3 cities founded on continents other than where Indonesia started each provide two unique luxury resources ( and can never be razed)."

We may not know the resource(s) but we know Indonesia is the civ of the resource(s) and dennis shirk and ed beach said only one civ will get unique luxuries. So it is already proven.

Hasn't it been speculated that they will receive any resource that ISN'T found naturally in the game? Or has that been disproved?

Hasn't it been speculated that they will receive any resource that ISN'T found naturally in the game? Or has that been disproved?
No we don't natural or not but we know the civ is Indonesia and only 1 civ will get a new luxury resource(s) plus what does it matter if it is natural or not? The UA points it's probably some kind of spice an Indonesian spice. If Venice:vomit: was the civ that got the resource it would probably be glass would you still have a problem with that?

Maybe Venice actually gets a new luxury resource and for some magical reason Indonesia gets both Jewelery and Porcelain as the unique luxury resources?

Three resources not found naturally in the game seems like the best bet. My only question is are these resources that physically appear on the map and can be improved? That's the only argument I'd have toward 3 separate UU's appearing for Indonesia.

No we don't natural or not but we know the civ is Indonesia and only 1 civ will get a new luxury resource(s) plus what does it matter if it is natural or not? The UA points it's probably some kind of spice an Indonesian spice. If Venice:vomit: was the civ that got the resource it would probably be glass would you still have a problem with that?
What I mean is that we know that Indonesia is getting a unique resource, but we don't know that that unique resource is new to the series as opposed to unique to that particular match being played. I remember some analysis being done where someone noted that Indonesia received something like two Whales or something for settling a city abroad. I think there are a few major theories floating around as to what the "unique" means.

It would be preferable for Indonesia to just get Nutmegs of course, (I'd prefer Venice sans glass to Indonesia sans "new resource") but we've no indication that the unique resource is the "new resource".

If you've substantial evidence (please not a alternate interpretation of the text, I understand the point, and I hope it is so) other, please do inform me.

Yes but people who are guessing civs who will have the unique resource is absolutely pointless and by best guess Indonesia special luxury will probably appear the same as mercantile city-states you won't see it but you will get it.

Yes but people who are guessing civs who will have the unique resource is absolutely pointless and by best guess Indonesia special luxury will probably appear the same as mercantile city-states you won't see it but you will get it.

That probably is it, remember, they stated that those cities CANNOT be razed? I'm assuming it's unique luxuries that are either the ones from Mercentile or super unique like Tulips were meant to be, exclusive but tradable.

Why do I have a feeling if it was Venice with the Spice Islanders UA name that people would be saying it's 100% glass as the new and unique resource?
Nah, I was expecting Nutmeg, then changed my mind to uncertain when I saw the official wording.

I suppose if they had a number of unique resources it would make sense. Nutmeg, Cloves and Mace. Hmm.. perfect three, I think I'll have to reconsider my stance...

Actually, I would think the three perfect spices would be Nutmeg, Pepper, and Cinnamon. I dunno whether it'd make sense for Indonesia, though.

Why do I have a feeling if it was Venice with the Spice Islanders UA name that people would be saying it's 100% glass as the new and unique resource?

It's the absence of naming the resources that concerns me.

Top Bottom