New Civ4 Screenshot of the Day Feature

Ginger_Ale

Lurker
Retired Moderator
Those of you who have been visiting CivFanatics for a few years will remember the Civ3 Screenshot of the Day, a collection of interesting and unique screenshots that highlighted some of the game's most unusual features and events. After realizing that now, over three years since Civ4's release, no such thing existed for Civ4, we intend to revive this concept, adding a bit of humor and amusement to the news posts.

To kick off the SOTD, we will begin with two screenshots, the first from mythmonster2 and the second from KMadCandy. You can click the thumbnails to expand:

SOTD #1: Worst Architects Ever

"Yeah, what's the strangest thing here? The legendary 5-foot aqueduct, the trees in the middle of the road, the longbowman standing in the middle of the circular building, or his partners resting/smashing the Masjid-Al-Haram? You decide for yourself!"

Civ4's aqueduct engine has been known to produce some awkward results, including sea-crossing aqueducts and city-destroying ones, but such a short aqueduct is just as odd!

SOTD #2: Barbarian Emancipation

"Did you know the barbs suffer from emancipation penalty?"

For those not aware, normal civilizations experience unhappiness when they do not adopt the Emancipation civic and other nations do. Considering it's pretty rare for barbarians to survive this late in the game in the first place (to the Renaissance era), who knew barbarians suffer the same penalties?

Future Submissions

If you have an interesting screenshot -- from a personal game, a scenario/mod, a succession game, multiplayer, or anything else -- and would like to see it mentioned, submit it to the Screenshot of the Day gallery. At the linked page, use the "Quick Upload" dialog box, just like you were attaching something to the forums.

Screenshots will not appear right away, but instead will gradually be posted on the main site one at a time, every few days. Be sure to add a caption to your image as well. We look forward to your submissions, and if you've contributed to the previous Funny Screenshots thread, feel free to nominate some of your best!

>> View the SOTD gallery and submit a screenshot!

Nice! I thought one of the patches had fixed the sea-crossing aquaducts phenomenom - until I was playing 1.74 this week and got one! Guess it's still a feasible way to build one...

My favorite of the Civ3 ones that I've seen is the cow in the middle of the island.

Although there are some other really good ones, too. Looking forward to seeing some great ones here, too.

When it was stopped last time, I wasnt even seemed to appear at this wonderful site, heh :O

I'll look forward for it.

Top Bottom