• MAURYANS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ARGENTINA

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • TUSCANY UNDER FLORENCE

• TEUTONIC KNIGHTS OR MALTA

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • SMALL ARAB STATES (KUWAIT,QATAR,UAE,BAHRAIN)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't you put Bulgaria out there? It was one of the major eastern european kingdoms between 8th and 14th century and only rival to Bysantium until the Ottomans came and took both over.
Far more significant than most of the stuff in that list.

Call me biased, but shouldn't Switzerland be part of the poll? The country has a very unique culture and historical background.

Finding bonuses aren't that difficult either:
- Banking + Neutrality
- Mercenaries
- Science (Swiss are one of the most innovative countries)
- Swiss Pikemen (maybe too similar to Landsknecht)
- Military system (militia, "Wehrpflicht")
- Direct democracy (==> happiness bonus)
- Bonus deriving from different cultures living together happily ("Röstigraben") ==> less unhappiness from opposing ideologies / no loss of tenets when switching ideology?.

I quite liked the idea that Switzerland's UA could have something to do with making anyone that declares war on them absolutely miserable (like huge unhappiness hits, automatic denouncements, loss of delegates, stuff like that). Of course it would be ridiculous to make it impossible to declare war on Switzerland, but it makes sense to make you really not want to do it. True, if you are going for a domination victory and you see Switzerland, you may have to reconsider how you play that game, but I can't tell you how often I have had to stop what I'm doing and default on science or diplo because I was going for domination and I saw Ethiopia in the game. I think they could have a unique building like the Swiss Bank (naturally) and as for their other unique it could be anything.

Kingdom of Bohemia,
Thrace
Illyria
Prussia

Would be ones I would like to see on the list

Any of these would be fine to me. I don't really get the objections to Canada or Australia personally. I feel like this game is about "what if" not "what actually is." It's not very hard to imagine an alternate history where Australia or Canada were premier world powers, and a Great Prophet being born in Melbourne near the site of the Pyramids which overlook a boreal forest sits well with this game's tongue in cheek style. Certainly both nations are more significant powers than the Celts ever were.

Under similar circumstances, I think Mexico would not be a bad one to add. It's covered by the Aztecs only in the sense that America is covered by the Shoshonne and Iroquois.

Hungary needs some love, even if we got Austria already.

Seriously, Israel is in the lead? Would their unique ability be having America as a permanent ally to their Zion masters?

I am sure that Australia and Canada were considered because of the number of gamers in those countries with disposable income.

As a Canadian, I don't really feel Canada or Australia belongs in Civ. I kind of wish perhaps there was a 2nd flavour to the Brits?

One would be Medieval England (William of Orange) and the other would be the British Empire (Victoria) and Canadian/Aussie cities could be included in the latter.

Would be much better to go that route than have 3-4 British Commonwealth Civs in the game.

FYI, I voted for the Hittites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom