New DLC at August: Korea ()

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Dubai? That's a very cultured city.. atleast now-a-days xD

I doubt they're gonna add a city from an existing country that uses the name (i.e St. Louis)

I thought they coded in a few new City-States like Quebec City to safeguard against overlap for things like Oslo when the Danes were added. You think they'll code in MORE city-states? I suppose it's possible they could see it as necessary.

Are you seriously trying to downplay China's scientific prowess while trying to pump up Korea's? :eek:

Your justification being that China makes poor quality products nowadays? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Chinese_inventions

Even though the Arabs may have stagnated, their list of inventions and scientific accomplishments dwarf those of Korea.

http://teachislam.com/dmdocuments/History/Muslim%20Scientific%20Inventions.pdf

In fact, you could make a solid argument for Korea being in the bottom 5 as far as Civ rankings scientific wise, for Civs found in Civilization 5 to date.

Interesting...Thor you are Chinese aren't you? :lol: Whenever there is mention of China you jump up and try to defend China with your life. No wonder you always try to down grade Korea. Small country like Korea being praise by others makes you upset? Jealousy is a really bad thing...

Anyway buddy, stop trolling in threads related to Korea...It really makes you a sad person...If only mod knows you mainly trolling around in Korea related threads...

Moderator Action: Report, don't respond. Don't accuse others of trolling, as that is considered trolling in itself. And don't make personal attacks on other members.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Moderator Action: Reopened, but a few things to remember:
  • This thread is not a pissing contest. It is not about whether Korea is worthy of a place in the game, or whether China or Poland are 'better' than Korea, however you may define that. Make sure you keep your posts directly related to Civ5 and potential Korean DLC, which is what this thread is about.
  • Do not personally attack other members. If you have a problem with a post, report it, don't feel the need to respond.

Sigh, yes another political battle over Korea, courtesy of one particular poster. Oh dear. Nonetheless, I think that people speculating over Korea's UA and UUs does show a great deal of interest in Korea, and the fact that we're speculating days in advance should be a sign to Firaxis that a slight trickle of info about the Korea DLC wouldn't hurt. :p

Anyway, I think they could replace the Seoul CS with Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur (if they aren't already in), as the music would fit them a bit better. I'm not entirely sure if Firaxis plans to make new city-state "sting" music, but that would be more appropriate, and not take too many resources to do.

One of the sad things about having a CS vanish from the game is that the Civilopedia entry also vanishes. So the fun-to-read Seoul CS text vanishes. I don't think there's a way to keep it in the game, right?

Kuala Lampur is in, iirc. My suggestion in the past was Angkor as a city state (I don't think Khmer will be added, since they have Siam, so a city state would be nice).

Anyway, I think they could replace the Seoul CS with Hong Kong or Kuala Lumpur (if they aren't already in), as the music would fit them a bit better. I'm not entirely sure if Firaxis plans to make new city-state "sting" music, but that would be more appropriate, and not take too many resources to do.

One of the sad things about having a CS vanish from the game is that the Civilopedia entry also vanishes. So the fun-to-read Seoul CS text vanishes. I don't think there's a way to keep it in the game, right?

kuala lumpur is definitely in game, but hong kong seems like a like great replacement....
I better read up on the civilopedia on Seoul before its gone.

I don't think Hong Kong is in the game....if it is, I haven't seen it. *blink*

Taiwan if nothing else can work, I suppose. :)

I wonder what the Korea leader music will be!

Taiwan is also a good addition.

Taiwan is not a city, it is an island. Perhaps you meant Taipei?

That would certainly annoy the Chinese government to have Taipei as an independent city state. Likely they would have to edit that in a special Chinese version.

Mind you, they had Lhasa and it didn't seem to cause an uproar as far as I know.

Anyway, Taipei is in the Chinese city list so I think the point is moot.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=420832
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would personally suggest Kabul. A city that is reputedly over 5,000 years old and has been independent for a very large portion of that deserves a spot. It's been fought over by countless empires as well. Seems to fit in very well with the designer's vision for city states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabul

Taiwan is not a city, it is an island. Perhaps you meant Taipei?

That would certainly annoy the Chinese government to have Taipei as an independent city state. Likely they would have to edit that in a special Chinese version.

Mind you, they had Lhasa and it didn't seem to cause an uproar as far as I know.

Anyway, Taipei is in the Chinese city list so I think the point is moot.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=420832
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would personally suggest Kabul. A city that is reputedly over 5,000 years old and has been independent for a very large portion of that deserves a spot. It's been fought over by countless empires as well. Seems to fit in very well with the designer's vision for city states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabul

How about Bactria?
That was a very important afghan city.

If Tapei or Hong Kong were City States, they'd have to change it for the Chinese version. I'm sure they have enough problems with Lhasa. I think the Asian Tigers aren't going to be fully represented.

As for Kabul or Bactria, it's a possibility, just keep in mind it's got to be a Cultural City State. There are some cool cultural icons in Afghanistan (some of which have been blown up by the Taliban), so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Just make sure not to suggest any random important city.

If Tapei or Hong Kong were City States, they'd have to change it for the Chinese version. I'm sure they have enough problems with Lhasa. I think the Asian Tigers aren't going to be fully represented.

As for Kabul or Bactria, it's a possibility, just keep in mind it's got to be a Cultural City State. There are some cool cultural icons in Afghanistan (some of which have been blown up by the Taliban), so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Just make sure not to suggest any random important city.

It's not about suggesting a random important city. It would be easy enough to change Edinburgh to a cultural city state and then make Kabul a militaristic one.

Kabul could easily be a cultural city state as well, as you mentioned.

Spoiler :
Culture of Kabul has got a rich history. The cultural heritage of 5000 years is uniquely Afghan due to less contact with the outside world. Most of the population of Kabul live in the rural area. Kinship is very important for this patriarchal community. Above all religion plays the most important role in their life. People respect their tradition.

Culture of Kabul is enriched by the great works of art. The archaeological sites reveal some of the great works of art that belong to the pre-Islamic and Islamic periods. The traditional art is taking new form now a days. The paintings show influence of heart school of 15th century Timurid period.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/cities/afghanistan/kabul/art-culture-and-entertainment/culture.html

The heritage of Kabul is rich and varied. After peace has been restored in Kabul, many dynamic efforts have been taken by the Afghan government and other international bodies and organizations, to restore much of its heritage. Kabul is known world wide for its unique beauty and living style. The heritage of Kabul has prominent influences of Greek, Persian, Central Asian, Islamic, Mongolian, Chinese, Indian, Russian and British, who have invaded to Kabul through out different period of Kabul's history. Kabul is very rich in its cultural natural and traditional heritage, though much of its tangible heritage suffered huge loss during a fundamentalist regime. For your convenience List of heritage in Kabul is provided below:

http://www.countriesandcapitals.com/afghanistan/heritage-kabul.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bactria/Bactra/Balkh would be an excellent addition as well. It certainly would be considered cultural.
Spoiler :

Balkh is one of the oldest cities in the world and is considered to be the first city to which the Indo-Iranian tribes moved from the North of Amu Darya, approximately between 2000 - 1500 BC.[2] The Arabs called it Umm Al-Belaad or Mother of Cities due to its antiquity.[3] The city was traditionally a center of Zoroastianism.[4] The name Zariaspa, which is either an alternate name for Balkh or a term for part of the city, may derive from the important Zoroastrian fire temple Azar-i-Asp.[4] Balkh was regarded as the first place where Zoroaster first preached his religion, as well as the place where he died.

Balkh had a major role in the development of the Persian language and literature. The early works of Persian literature were written by poets and writers who were originally from Balkh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkh

EDIT: However, upon further review, Bactra and Kabul are both on the Persian city list. So never mind. :)

I wonder what the Korea leader music will be!

Arirang. The first piece of Korean folk music to occur to me was this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom