New DLC at August: Korea ()

Status
Not open for further replies.
everything seems so weird.

It looks like they're doing a poll to choose Korean Civ's leader, but that means

the civ developers didn't even confirm who's gonna be the leader.

And yet it says the Korean Civ. DLC will be out in this summer.

Now is that possible? You wouldn't call September 'Summer', so all devs' got is about more than a month's time. Can they make 3d graphics for the leader, cast a voice-actor, and decide which appropriate trait the civ shall have in one month?

Besides, has 2k ever asked general users about their hopes for new civ's leader before?

I don't remember them doing a poll to Danish people or Spanish people.

maybe they already have it done theyre doing it for hype maybe??

It should be mentioned that the site linked in the OP is not owned by 2K (or Take-Two Interactive), but by epicsoft, which are apparently a distribution partner in Asia. So this apparent news is not coming from 2K. Instead, given what others have posted, it would appear that this is just a third-party running a poll about a prospective Korean DLC.

Neah DLC's aren't worth my money until they fix the diplomacy

Have you tried playing after the new patch?

On topic, it seems a vote is taken amongst Koreans to see which leader is chosen, before the actual DLC is announced to the rest of the world, finished and then released.

This DLC information haven't yet been made public.

The online event is now under way in Korea.
Online event: "Who is a suitable leader of Korean civilization?"

your post states the DLC is coming in August. now you take back your confirmed claim and say its a poll, :lol:

I voted this thread be locked for the OP doesn't even know what he is talking about.

It should be mentioned that the site linked in the OP is not owned by 2K (or Take-Two Interactive), but by epicsoft, which are apparently a distribution partner in Asia. So this apparent news is not coming from 2K. Instead, given what others have posted, it would appear that this is just a third-party running a poll about a prospective Korean DLC.

TT has often used them in the past for various projects that TT doesn't do in some regions, so it's pretty much 'coming from 2K' if they are doing a poll for it.

Besides, has 2k ever asked general users about their hopes for new civ's leader before?

I don't remember them doing a poll to Danish people or Spanish people.

Dunno about Spain, but if there ever was a non-viking Denmark civ, it would be under Christian IV. Hell, our royal anthem is about him bashing in goth brains. I'm assuming Korea's options are less singular.

your post states the DLC is coming in August. now you take back your confirmed claim and say its a poll, :lol:

I voted this thread be locked for the OP doesn't even know what he is talking about.

He didnt claim that the DLC wasnt real he just said it wasnt announced to the general public yet.. also this might be some marketing campaign to start hype on who could be the leader cuz they want to see what fans want. the DLC and everything else could be complete but leader art.

He didnt claim that the DLC wasnt real he just said it wasnt announced to the general public yet.. also this might be some marketing campaign to start hype on who could be the leader cuz they want to see what fans want. the DLC and everything else could be complete but leader art.

read the first post. and i dont understand what you mean in the first sentence, its a double negative.

I am skeptical and will not believe it until an official announcement is made.

Is there a way to translate into English, that korean link to the Civ 5 page?

I cannot stand it when they mess with our heads like this!

I am skeptical and will not believe it until an official announcement is made.

Is there a way to translate into English, that korean link to the Civ 5 page?

I cannot stand it when they mess with our heads like this!

copy the url into google and it will let you translate it.

I'd say Gwanggaeto the Great is probably the most deserving, but his accomplishments were mostly martial in nature. Since there's a very good chance they will choose a cultural flavor for the Korean civ, Sejong the Great might be more appropriate, but truthfully either of them would make for a fantastic choice.

This doesn't seem officially confirmed. The poll on the site is basically asking who fans think would be the best leader to represent Korea in the (supposedly) upcoming DLC.

That said, I would welcome Korea DLC in August over Wonders of the Ancient World in August, mostly because I've been waiting for ages for Korea to be included. :D

It's sad that they don't have two of the greatest Korean leaders on that poll.

Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il.

Two very appropriate choices that shouldn't have been left out.

Moderator Action: Don't troll around.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

As much as I would like a Korean Civilization, I think all of you are way way way way way way way way way way jumping the gun.

Also for what it's worth Google Translate (along with all freely-available internet based translation services such as Babelfish etc) is and should only be used to translate stuff like "Hello", "Goodbye" and "Sorry I don't speak your language".

This site is the same site as the last 'announcement' for Korea and it seems it's not even affiliated with 2K. I'm gonna wait till there is some kind of official announcement from Firaxis or 2K that's actually in a language I can read.

Sorry OP but I think discussion on your choices of leaders for Korea has kinda of died before it began :/

As much as I would like a Korean Civilization, I think all of you are way way way way way way way way way way jumping the gun.

Also for what it's worth Google Translate (along with all freely-available internet based translation services such as Babelfish etc) is and should only be used to translate stuff like "Hello", "Goodbye" and "Sorry I don't speak your language".

This site is the same site as the last 'announcement' for Korea and it seems it's not even affiliated with 2K. I'm gonna wait till there is some kind of official announcement from Firaxis or 2K that's actually in a language I can read.

Sorry OP but I think discussion on your choices of leaders for Korea has kinda of died before it began :/

Naturally this website doesn't confirm a Korean DLC.

It's merely a poll asking people which leader they'd prefer. (A flawed one at that.)

It is being used to drum up interest and excitement or subtly put pressure on Firaxis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom