New Expansion Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOTF did a great job with the Ferengi and Cardassians.
Well, sort of. The Cardassians were so underpowered that they were always wiped out halfway through the game (which baffled me--they did actually have some good stuff...) while the Ferengi's economy made them so ridiculously overpowered that they could do practically anything with impunity. :lol:

lmao this reminds me of GeorgiaGate and how everyone tried to identify an unclear grey pixellated bust as Tamar lmao <3
On the plus side, we did actually get Tamar of Georgia because of it; on the downside, they did a poor job portraying her. :(

I've been working GIS to see if it looks like some kind of marine research site. I've found nothing definitive. I did find one in Asia that has a big glass sphere in the middle and is mounted on a shallow sea floor, but the architecture is otherwise completely off. One thing I found that looked vaguely similar but not scientific was a concept drawing of an artificial island intended for vacation homes.

It seems very mysterious to me, I was thinking maybe it could lead up to an alternative science victory, but that wouldn't make sense since space has always been the way for civ. Might be interesting if at some point there's another route added, being the first civ to unlock tech that can preserve Earth or something similar to that, I think it would spice up the late game to have different routes to the various victory types. Very interested to see how it turns out.

Seems like I should check out birth of the federation :D

Seems like I should check out birth of the federation :D
I highly recommend it. Might be tricky to track down a copy, though: like many older Star Trek games, it's in copyright limbo and is unlikely to ever see a digital release. :(

If it's a Maori leader shouldn't he be tattooed (Tā moko)?

Ferengi's economy made them so ridiculously overpowered that they could do practically anything with impunity.

Sounds about right :p Didn't they take over the Enterprise with Picard at command? Back when Ferengi were portrayed a little differently than in DS9. I'm a rules of acquisition fan, what can I say. Makes me think we need an economic civ as powerful as Korea is a science civ. That's who I want to play. I'd like Ottomans to be that civ.

Anyways, back on topic. Going so many days without new news... I mean leaks is being a drag. I actually find myself looking forward to first look videos. It's always a fun time when new stuff is coming out of the studio.

Check the credits of previous installments. This is the first installment that has a dedicated AI person. Previously it fell to one of the designers as a subtask.

I think the current way is better and will yield a better AI in the end.

Has that actually changed or is it just listed in the credits differently? I.e. in Civ 5 vanilla, Ed Beach was listed as 'AI/gameplay lead', yes, but in Civ6 they've listed Andrew under both the 'Lead AI Engineer' and 'Designer/programmer' headers (just separately).

Guess I'll have to check out this Star Trek game that's being mentioned!

Knowing the culture that the leader comes from would certainly help. It may also help to look up big personality leaders from Polynesia and see who matches the leader the most. Granted it's still a wip (lack of eyes look like a clue to that!) so we'll have to keep in mind that more edits like adding tattoos will come in the future.

Granted it's still a wip (lack of eyes look like a clue to that!) so we'll have to keep in mind that more edits like adding tattoos will come in the future.
And maybe if the issue is mentioned in this thread frequently enough, they'll notice and make sure it's done right even if they weren't originally planning to include tattoos.

To me it looks like the cloak is made of fur, and quickly searching the Maori are the only ones that I could find that do wear fur cloaks.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurī

Mansa Musa of Mali.
Indeed. He was literally the world's wealthiest man, and Mali ("the Bright Country") fabulously wealthy. Mansa Musa gave away so much gold during his hajj to Mecca that gold became devalued in Egypt and thereabouts for years and years.

Has anyone seen the (allegedly) latest two leaked pictures?
They appeared at Civ reddit and the other website, that shall not be named.

For those who have missed them, here they are:

The blond queen seems really weird to me and even more likely to be nothing more than an hoax than she did before.

There is a background behind her, indeed, but it looks like she is just drawn/painted art and not a real leader model?
Or maybe that's just an early stage concept art of what she's supposed to look like in the end?

Also, does anyone recognize the castle in the background?
And what about the ship? It looks vaguely Asian to me but I'm no expert.:confused:

It looks like the model is not tattoo-ed due to censorship reasons, to make the game as family-friendly as possible. I think Kamehameha of Polynesia in Civilization 5 also do not have tattoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom