New Game Concept: Police Force

Do you think the idea should be implented in the game? (unofficial poll)

• Yes

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Sir John

The evil one...
Im pretty sure that this belongs in this forusm as its not just rpg. The idea has been suggested erlier, but not "offiecialy". The police force would be hired to look out for people that are doing crimes. And if they have enough evidence that they have tried or have sucseeded to cheat in the game, by surpassing the rules, or something like that, they can put them infront of a court of law. There they will get there punishment. This idea would also work well, with my other idea for a thievs guild, but this could also work without it since one of their duties could be that noone cheated in the elections, by for example creating anther account only for voting for them (wich is against game rules and forum rules...).

The "game" would have to pay the police squad who could concist of for example 2-3 people and they could hire assistants ( those would the game not pay for). It could be a sub-office of the military office. The police squadwould have to be totaly independent so that no factions controled them. This would have to apply for the government as well, since we couldnt allow the governemnt to do crimes unpunished... The police officers could ofcourse be bribed, but since this is a crime it would be severly punished if noticed and they would ofcourse be banned from the police force... What do all of you think about the idea??

I would be interested in Being in a Police Force :)

@Shaitan - Could you move this to the Polls. Thanks :)

I wanted a police force before. People didn't like it, because it wasn't secular (run by Jedi). I guess they might accept this one, but we'll see. BTW, I approve.

I don't like the idea of such a group outside of the RPG unless the members are elected, and then, only a little. Many of these responsibilities are already handled by the citizens, and the rest by the judiciary. Anyway, I am moving this to the Citizens forum for now...

I dont think they should be elected. I think they should be apponted by the military department or by the judicary. People could ofcourse apply for a police whenever availible...

Its' been discussed before... with opposistion.

Originally posted by Chieftess
Its' been discussed before... with opposistion.
...and with good reason.

In my opinion, such a force would serve no real benefit, but the risk of abuse is too great to endow it with the powers suggested.

First, if I'm not mistaken, the ability to accurately detect double logons and other such abuses would require adminstrative or moderator access to the forums. Thus, for the police force to be able to "protect" us from these types of criminal actions, they would need to be moderators of the demogame forums.

Second, by having these officers appointed rather than elected, we would be endowing the appointing official with extreme power over all other officials. The newly appointed police officers could easily degenerate into nothing more than enforcers of the various whims of whichever official appointed them in the first place. For example, any official voicing a different opinion could quickly find himself or herself the target of an official police investigation.

Lastly, if we do end up voting on such police officers, then we will be creating even more offices that need filling each election cycle at a time in which we cannot even fill the ones we already have.

This idea may serve it's purpose well within the aspects of the RPG, but in "real" game terms, there is nothing these police officers can do for us that is not already being done by moderators and other concerned citizens.

Maby youre right, It wouldnt work very well...

Top Bottom