New game old tricks

Soronery

Prince
Playing as Siam you can still get 4 free wats with tradition (legalism policy) if you get it after you build amphitheaters in your 4 cities.

Park a warrior or scout outside of a city state. When they get a worker, grab it and retreat. But wait! Don't peace out right away. Put them just out of sight of some resource (so the AI cant see you). Check every turn or 2 to see if a worker has spawned yet. You can easily get 2-3 workers this way. It does take time though.

Finishing the liberty tree and planting down an academy (great scientist) will boost your research by about 20% for awhile.

Park a warrior or scout outside of a city state. When they get a worker, grab it and retreat. But wait! Don't peace out right away. Put them just out of sight of some resource (so the AI cant see you). Check every turn or 2 to see if a worker has spawned yet. You can easily get 2-3 workers this way. It does take time though.

You can do this with any AI, city state and civ alike.

On deity, I try to find my nearest neighbor asap and continuously steal his workers (and yeah, the best situation is if they have a resource 3 tiles away from city, park unit 2 tiles away from borders and bingo, if not, 2 tiles from city can do fine as well, though you need to heal up the unit between steals). Not only do they produce a lot more workers than city states, but you also cripple them, meaning it will not only be easy to defend, but it will also be very easy to take their cities with CBs.

If you can find nearest AI and DoW before meeting anyone else, perfect, no diplo hit either.

Bit unfair? Perhaps. But if you are gonna steal workers, then why not play it to it's full extend.

With the lack of early game :c5gold:, the Siam free Wat trick got a little stronger. Rush buying four universities would be very expensive...but even more so when you can't get lump sum :c5gold: trades from the AI.

In addition to stealing workers, the CS will also train your units. This is especially good for Scouts to get the coveted third tier promotion. Hit and run allowing the CS to range attack from the city one turn.

You can do this with any AI, city state and civ alike.

On deity, I try to find my nearest neighbor asap and continuously steal his workers (and yeah, the best situation is if they have a resource 3 tiles away from city, park unit 2 tiles away from borders and bingo, if not, 2 tiles from city can do fine as well, though you need to heal up the unit between steals). Not only do they produce a lot more workers than city states, but you also cripple them, meaning it will not only be easy to defend, but it will also be very easy to take their cities with CBs.

If you can find nearest AI and DoW before meeting anyone else, perfect, no diplo hit either.

Bit unfair? Perhaps. But if you are gonna steal workers, then why not play it to it's full extend.

generally you want to set up a trade route ASAP with the nearest civ. I usually get 4 science and around 3-4 gp/t from them which is like 50% more science. But if you can do a double worker steal on deity it will cripple the AI pretty bad.

Top Bottom