New graphic - Wagon settler

Lab Monkey

Peace thru ultraviolence!
I've seen a few requests for a wheeled settler, so I've gone and made one.

It can either replace the original settler, as some of you have already tagged it a 'wheeled' unit. Or you can have it as an upgrade once the wheel has been researched.

I like the wagon purely because of fond memories of civ1.

Things still to be done....

Make the wheels turn! (though you don't actually notice this in the game, honest)

Alter the sprite positioning. In some directions it overlaps other zones, this is because of the size, I used a battleship storyboard as a template in order for it all to fit. I couldn't really shrink it down because it would look silly with the horse and rider dwarfed by other horse and human units.

Attachments

• wagonrun1.gif
    wagonrun1.gif
    12.6 KB · Views: 4,578
Okay, you've got the data file, a run.flc and a default.flc.

You know the score about instaling these things (if you want, you can just overwrite the original settler, but I wouldn't)

I'll work on the Death and Settle FLCs this weekend.

Feel free to add whatever sounds you want, there are none in the data file at the moment. Besides, my speakers are broken!

Also to come are the small icons. But I'm sure you can wait.

Other uses for this unit could include an ancient APC of sorts....

Thank you, Dark Sheer (see below). I may change the colour for the next version, I quite like the canvas colour, though. It depends on how much sleep I want, I guess. I'm also working on a few other units, too.

WARNING! Don't give this unit more than 1 movement point, those bl:eek: :eek: dy AI settlers move fast enough already!

Attachments

• wagonzip.zip
    125.2 KB · Views: 1,633
Nice work on the wagon. You might want to change the wagon to wooden color instead of maintaining the original color of the truck. ;)

I will definitely use this one for my pioneer unit. :cooool:

Yeah, it is a bit big. But it is building a city!

The original settler was a bit odd, how do you carry a city around in a backpack....

I carry a city around in my backpack....

Anyways, i love this unit, makes me think of the day when i first got civ1 and Genghis Khan and his men came and attacked me before i even had 2 cities.... that was great ;)

beautiful! I am going to use this as the colonist unit. The colonist falls in between the settler and the pioneer. they are
available with navigation.

the progression goes like this:
settler - available from start - 0/0/1 - uses original graphics
colonist - navigation - 0/0/2 - now uses Lab Monkey's Wagon graphics :D
pioneer - motorized transport - 0/0/3 uses modern settler graphics

K i found some pictures that can be used for the civilopedia, and made a units_32 (i don't know if thats been done i couldn't find it) and all of them are ready just paste them into your files. I hope LabMonkey doesn't mind

ie most of this is Labmonkeys stuff the pictures came from him and i just got the sound files from the Egyptian War Chariot but it sounds very good

Hopefully everyone that reads this and gets it knows how to put it into their file if not just say so and hopefully i will or someone else will tell you how to do it this is my first unit i made but i works great so cheers

Ther is one prob :) () when it is being built one of the icon things is a little to big (hard to describe what it is) but it is not very severe

lata
Incubus0223

Incubus rocks so listen to them

umm.....:o....... i guess i don't know how to attach the file but hopefully some1 can help uhh... my folder is called Wagonsettler.zip and its in C: so its called C:\Wagonsettler.zip (right)? and so how do i add it?:mad:

the horse is nice but im having truoble brlriving thr horse is going to just drag the wagon along: is there any way to make the wheels turn?

adrian

hey Iotr or adrian

you could just modify it if you wanted to just use the flicster program export a new flc file, then there should be a pcx file where you just exported it to and then modify the wheels from that in any program, if you need more help just post it

Malik this was on another formum some where but basically

1)d/l the file

2)exatract the file into .../Infrogrames/civilization III/art/units/Wagon Settler or what ever you folder is use the browse if you have dificulty

3)Put the unit 32 in the unit32.pcx in the .../art/unit folder

4) (optional)add a civilopedia, and pediaicons not needed

5)using the Hacked civ3mod click add unit then name it Wagon Settler then add its stuff, look at the normal settler for ideas, all i did was copy that and boost up the movement.

Have fun

refer to the official post by dark sheer i belive for more additional infomation about how to add it

Top Bottom