[BNW] New lua coder need help with custom unique greetings

CrocWorks

Chieftain
I'm pretty new to lua coding and attempted to follow a template to add unique greetings for civ 5, but I can't seem to get the lua to fire. Both the UniqueUtils and the UniqueGreetings lua files have VFS set to true. I've tried to figure this out for days now, but when I check the logs, my "The Haar response routine" print line never shows up.

In order to debug this, I ran another two mods that I knew worked to try and compare things in the log, and the Alm version shows up in the log, so I don't think it's a problem with identifying the leader.

I've attached a zipped folder that has the UniqueUtil lua, the HaarUniqueGreeting lua, and the most recent lua log I saved. Could someone take a look and see what the problem might be?

Attachments

• GreetingsLog.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 206
Your HaarUniqueGreeting file should not be imported into the VFS. Instead, add it as a InGameUIAddin in your mod properties. See this post for more details on what settings to use for certain file types.

Oh, thank you so much! It works now. I had worked from that post before, but didn't realize that my specific lua was an InGameUIAddin.

Top Bottom