New map of Earth

hannurabi

Warlord
Just for the fun , I decited to create new earth map.It's not necessary better than the legendary earth map that comes with the game but pretty good anyway I think.Took me couple of hours so I hope someone else likes it too.
Save file is set to turn 0 and 4000 B.C, that means you can pick your nation and difficulty level.You start in random location. If you like the map you could always try 'embed' it in civ.exe , see this thread:http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=333598

Attachments

• CIVIL1.SVE
    37 KB · Views: 192
  • CIVIL1.MAP
    32.8 KB · Views: 161
  • TFmap.png
    TFmap.png
    240.2 KB · Views: 878
Hmmm, I forgot to add small islands...But hey, there's New Zealand! Guess you can't have everything.

IIRC , game has some sort of limit how many landmasses there can be.I don't know exact number, maybe Dack has more knowledge, who knows.I don't know what happens if there's too many islands,but I guess the game won't crash.Anyway, everyone should have Terraform and editing my map is allowed(ofc).

Nice job, better than the original for sure.
Being Swedish I agree of the wood/forest in the north but the part where we got most sea and landscape there is a wood/forest too :crazyeye: also Finland looks a bit funny but got no idea how to fix that one.

all in all great job

Very good map! Much better than the original one. I will never play that map anymore. Playable China, realistic Central Asia and West Africa!

Although I admit I made minor alterations after download aiming perfection :)
- adding jungle to South East Asian islands
- more hills to the Tibetan plateu
- enlarging Alaska
- more mountains to East Africa and to the central Sahara

Copy the MAP and SVE files into the CIV folder, restart the game, and you can load them from the list of saved games

Top Bottom