New Map : Peloponese high res (240x240)

LBPB

King
Hi,

this is my first real map try, the "Peloponese".
It's in high res (240x240), and resources free :p

it was originaly released for my new GLC mod, who will include a Trojan War scenario. But it could be useful for other people so I post it here.

download :
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads4/GLC-map-peloponese.zip

preview:

Very good coastal line and nice "ensemble".

Now the shortcomings :satan: !

Mountains, high plains, hills are not so well placed (ex Wastern Turkey is not just an extensive plain).
Too many areas with just one terrain type (ex forests in Thracia).
Thessalonique peninsula has actually three "fingers" that are kind of hilly.

Lots of potential... IMHO that is !

Originally posted by LBPB
strange cause it should well fit reality beacause it's a true map conversion ?!?!
If you look at turkey from a photo, then yes it looks all braun, but they are still hills, because thats how the terrain is.

very nice

That is the problem area. When I do try to load the maps into the Civ Editor, I receive and error message. Informing me that the map files are not the correct format. I believe they must be bic? How is the conversion made?

pretty good map. downloaded a similar one by some greek dude. i think i'm gonna keep this one though, cuz i found it pretty confusing WHEN EVERYTHING WAS IN GREEK!

:goodjob: Verry nice. I wanted a mpa like this for my Persinans versus the Greek city-states. Ill give you props if I do one. Thankyou, good job.

Very nice map :D Apart from the chalkidike penisnsula, which is totally wrong, as Loulong also mentioned...

And that pel map made by "a greek", was by me, its in my sig, and it looks nothing like this, this map looks a lot like maisse Arsoye's one, whereas mine has only the south of Greece ;)

And it wasnt in greek :p :lol:

varwnos said:
Very nice map :D Apart from the chalkidike penisnsula, which is totally wrong, as Loulong also mentioned...

And that pel map made by "a greek", was by me, its in my sig, and it looks nothing like this, this map looks a lot like maisse Arsoye's one, whereas mine has only the south of Greece ;)

And it wasnt in greek :p :lol:
no i didn't download your pelloponessian scen map, but i downloaded a map smiliar to this one by another greek guy. only prob was everything was in greek.

iNDUSTRIALg0D said:
i downloaded a map smiliar to this one by another greek guy. only prob was everything was in greek.

I did the map with the greek names... and I'm not greek ;)

Top Bottom