New Mod: "Bigger, Better Worlds"

UPDATE

Version 2005/08/15:

- Put the max town and city sizes back to 8 and 12, respectively. The
lower sizes were slowing down mid-game production and development too
much.

-- Darryl

Darryl, do you mean an update of biq-file?

Then, could you upload just the new biq? It's not a pleasure to download the whole thing again.

Thanks.

NeverMind said:
Then, could you upload just the new biq? It's not a pleasure to download the whole thing again.

I've never bothered with "patch" releases, because it's easier (both for me and for the end user) just to replace the full set of files than to piece together what needs to be updated or deleted, and because the ZIP/RAR files are so small, anyway. Hell, the largest is only 21 meg, which downloads in practically no time at all. (Yes, it'd take a few minutes on a dial-up connection, but I think we can safely assume that the number of online gamers still working with dial-up connections in the year 2005 is virtually nil. And those who are, really need to join the 21st century.)

But if you really want to do things the hard way, I've now made available a RAR file which contains *only* the files updated since the 2005/07/31 release. Just download it, find the various files in your "Scenarios" folder or "Bigger, Better Worlds" subfolder, and replace the old versions with the new ones.

The BBW 2005/08/15 "Patch" Download

-- Darryl

I do have a "some version".

I dont know if it has latest patch included.

I will upload it somewhere during this week.

If a Colonist (5 pop) builds a city, the city is built size 1, as always. Is it possible to change the size somewhere somehow??!

You can change the amount of population the unit needs under the unit tab of the unit. I havent been able to find a slot for changing the initial amount of citizens when the city is first built.

Top Bottom