New Mongolia AI Strategy

Yzman

Deity
I have noticed this twice now in 2 separate games, so I doubt it is a random coincidence.

Before I remember Genghis would always build up a few cities and attack. Now it seems like his new strategy is to only have his capital and then immediately start taking over city states around him. In my last game this didn't work out for him well as Siam eventually conquered him and liberated his CS, we will see this game.

Anyone else notice this or other interesting AI differences?

I have noticed this twice now in 2 separate games, so I doubt it is a random coincidence.

Before I remember Genghis would always build up a few cities and attack. Now it seems like his new strategy is to only have his capital and then immediately start taking over city states around him. In my last game this didn't work out for him well as Siam eventually conquered him and liberated his CS, we will see this game.

Anyone else notice this or other interesting AI differences?
I have changed my own strategy the same way. It seems to be powerful.

I've noticed them to be very expansionist, with or without city states.

in my first BNW game, it was a large islands map with me and Genghis sharing an island. no other city states that I discovered... very, very quickly into the game, Mongolia founded 2 cities and used them to lock me into a tiny corner of the island.

Mongolia has now conquered 2 CS and just declared on Dido.

It is only turn 81 on standard. This is going to be an interesting game. I am thinking of going for a cultural victory again as the Shoshone.

They have now captured 3 CS. I wonder, will I be considered a warmonger if I got and liberate those CS? I would have to technically "capture" them.

I've always wanted to see Mongolia improve its strategy. In the past Genghis would just sit in his little corner of the continent and contemplate conquest without actually achieving it. I really hope you are right that he's improved. I still haven't encountered him in BNW.

I only build two cities as the Mongols. Capital for units/production and one other city with a heavy food focus for science. Then off to conquer city-states and anyone who DOWs me.

This was one of the earlier patches. Last fall patch maybe? The one that changed the AI to target CS's more often and also liberate them (and players).

I've had a number of games where he'd have 4 or 5 CS's conquered by turn 80 or something ridiculous. Haven't run into him in BNW yet, but glad to hear he still has the same pattern.

As far as AIs go. It might just be pure coincidence, but Alexander really didn't care much for the city states in two of my games. I don't think he ever has a city state ally in one of the games

Seems like Mongolia is finally getting scary. I like that. When you see the Mongols near you, you should be horsehockyting yourself and preparing for an attack. Same with the Huns. The only civ I get somewhat scared of now is the Zulus, but it looks like if Mongolia is catching up.

Top Bottom