• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

New pitboss

OOP's. I ended up claiming my Civ as myself rather than forum name.

Not a very secret person anyway but still a very blonde moment on my part.

Did the same mistake. :lol:

Btw I'm having Fintourist as a dedlurker/teammate, he can possibly take turns when I'm not able to take them.

UUUUURRRRRRGGGGGHH, stupid game had me as Imperator Knödel, not Knoedel, and wouldn't let me rename ingame.

Also this is stupid, why would I have to use Direct IP when Pitboss is a separate option? PBEM Tracker is much more user friendly than this frustrating piece of work btw.

Also would it have been too much to ask to provide this newbie guide earlier? For wanting to attract new blood you aren't doing a very good job.

Also I'm obviously pissed off, can you tell?

About changing your name, you can simply exit the pitboss (always trough the "Exit to MAIN MENU" option) and then login back again right away typing more careful your own nickname this time. It will change once you login to the game.

Where you have this separate "pitboss" option? Maybe you are using the Steam version? If so, can you login to our pitboss using the "pitboss" option? If you can, you can use any way of getting in to the game you find more handy. If not, use the one which works.

About changing your name, you can simply exit the pitboss (always trough the "Exit to MAIN MENU" option) and then login back again right away typing more careful your own nickname this time. It will change once you login to the game.

Well ing duh.

Where you have this separate "pitboss" option? Maybe you are using the Steam version? If so, can you login to our pitboss using the "pitboss" option? If you can, you can use any way of getting in to the game you find more handy. If not, use the one which works.

Never mind, I was wrong.

Meanwhile the game disconnected. When it is reconnected I am almost sure I hit end turn before it disconnected. If so then Imp K will be last to play the first turn and the game will roll over to the next turn.
As mentioned above he doesn't have to play the second turn right away he can just go 'exit to main menu' and come back later and play and finish and exit.

However when the game crashes like this then the host restarts by loading the last 'good' save. This means some players will need to replay their turn. Let's see what happens.

Hmm.. I think the game is alive, as I was able to play my second turn. Maybe it is just the civstats uploader which crashed?

update:
The game has moved to turn 2 and the game is accessible, it's just that civstats is not updated. Imp K and I have played our 2nd turns.

I exited to Desktop btw because for the lulz.

Game is paused with 4 hours on the clock due to the civstats tracker crash. Luthor, Classical, Friendly and Methinkso to play still. You unpause the game by pressing the "pause" button on your keyboard. Then you pause again pressing the same pause button. When everyone is done with his turn and hit "End of Turn", the game will advance to the new turn.

Anyone know what's happening with America?

Also, now we have actually started wouldn't it be better to go to a short clock for the early turns as nothing really happens and you can queue Worker moves in advance.

BTW. What is the actual size of this World?

As the host of the game, I have kicked Imp. Knoedel from the game and taken over his civ by setting a new password on the civ. I will personally sub for the civ until you can get a replacement player for the civ.

To Mr. Knoedel: You do not "Exit to Desktop for the lulz" when you get a clear and concise message from the host and the organisers of the game to not do so because this causes technical difficulties. Thanks to your stupidity, I had to set up a new Civstats for this game, and reload the game.

For the rest of the players, the new Civstats address is: http://www.civstats.com/viewgame.php?gameid=2746 - Please PM me for the new registration password. The game had to be reloaded to the start of the second turn - BC 3960.

Has someone had a hissy-fit and quit before Turn 2 has completed?

oooops... not used to playing Pitboss so I forgot... 24h each turn heim? I'll try but I'll miss a few for sure...

oooops... not used to playing Pitboss so I forgot... 24h each turn heim? I'll try but I'll miss a few for sure...

If you register your civ at Civstats you will receive turn notification emails, telling you when there's a new turn for you to play. :)

As the host of the game, I have kicked Imp. Knoedel from the game and taken over his civ by setting a new password on the civ. I will personally sub for the civ until you can get a replacement player for the civ.

Well that seems awfully harsh for a first offense. Naturally no one will believe me when I'm saying this now, but actually it was accidental and I reasoned I'd rather be thought of as a troll than a fool, but I guess I backed the wrong horse there. :lol:

Top Bottom