New pitboss

I know this Player A declares war on Player B but cannot actually attack Player B until they have moved rule from many previous games but have never understood it.

If I see an opening for a sudden blitzkrieg on my neighbour then why should it not be exploitable? It is their fault for not checking their borders and watching me build up troops next to them. I can understand that the following move Player B must move before me but not why they should have a free turn to bolster their frontiers. By the same token I cannot understand why if Player A and Player C both agree for a combined attack against Player B why that likewise should not be permitted. For a smaller power often the only real chance they will get sometimes is the element of surprise.

I obviously accept the rule, it's been the same in every other PitBoss I've ever played, but I would like to know why it is held to be such a sacred cow that surprise should never be implemented as a legitimate tool of war when in the real world it has so very often been the pivitol factor in deciding the fate of conflict.

I don't think you read the rules right. They just say don't play twice in a row without giving your opponent a chance to play, basically. I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Of course you can declare war and attack in the same turn, but before you there must had been played the other player - does not matter if in this same turn when you declare war or the previous.

Seeing the starts before picking could be interesting and fun, but as the picking has already started it's probably too late :(. Or what do you think?

CAn I choose Justinian of the HRE?

Would it be possible to update post #1 with players, orders, settings, etc?

EDIT: no random events???? No barb villages??? :cry:

OK, got it. Then I choose Justinian.

Thanks for the clarification! :)

Is there any chance of chaging the no random events setting?

OK, got it. Then I choose Justinian.

Thanks for the clarification! :)

Is there any chance of chaging the no random events setting?

I think you will have to wait on Classical Hero to choose. He might just :) choose

Justinian and if so you will need another choice. But generally don't announce you preferences beforehand.

OK, we are moving!

So, the snake pick situation looks like this:

1. classical_hero Elizabeth of ???????
2. Luthor_Saxburg Justinian of ???????
3. Friendly Fire ???????? of ???????
4. Hercules90 ???????? of ???????
5. 2metraninja ???????? of ???????
6. sinimusta ???????? of ???????
7. methinkso ???????? of ???????
8. Imp. Knoedel ???????? of ???????
9. Filon ???????? of ???????
10. Cristoval ???????? of ???????
11. Elkad ???????? of ???????
12. dick76 ???????? of ???????
13. HBHR ???????? of ???????
14. ReallyEvilMuff ???????? of ???????

Next to choose leader OR nation is Friendly Fire.

Come on, guys. If everyone wants to play and the game to be successful, it is necessary to check this thread especially if we all know that we are in the setting up stage. How will one play each day a turn for the next 12-18 months if he fail to simply say which leader he chooses for 2 days already?

What about this: player failing to choose in time loses his picking turn and gets the next choice (but that shouldn't mean getting to choose earlier in the sencond picking round)? The current ruling is so strict (removal from game) it isn't being enforced.

I really like that idea of missing your turn to pick, especially not getting bumped up the order (else it will get too confusing) and it will speed up the picking process and get this going. As soon as they realise they have missed their pick they can post their choice. Everyone should have seen the miss by 1 day and you're out post, this is a fairer compromise probably.

However maybe I'm just biased because of my position in the pick order... :p

OK, 24 hours it is. Whoever fail to make a choice within 24 hours, will be skipped and the next player in the list can make a choice. When/if the player who missed his pick comes, he is free to make his pick, of course, without the already picked by other players choices.

And since this is new rule, we give 24 hours to Friendly to react.

OK, 24 hours it is. Whoever fail to make a choice within 24 hours, will be skipped and the next player in the list can make a choice. When/if the player who missed his pick comes, he is free to make his pick, of course, without the already picked by other players choices.

And since this is new rule, we give 24 hours to Friendly to react.

So if someone just never shows up, and everyone else has already picked before them, are you going to replace them and make the replacement just pick last?

I think it is better if we start the game with the serious players only and not make it harder from the beginning looking for substitutes.

OOP's!

Sorry but not been on site for a few days.

I choose Pacal.

Top Bottom