New pitboss

I've still encountered problems with connecting to game while there are others inside and also had others trying to join but fail while I've been in. And I have done the fix to the hosts file.

I've been also attempting to play civ via direct ip. There we couldn't have more than 2 players inside the server until my friend found a fix at a German civ site: http://civ-wiki.de/wiki/Mehrspieler_%28Civ4%29

We downloaded the exe file and used it and that way at least our direct ip game worked. Maybe someone who understood German better than me (like Knoedel) could tell if that fix would be helpful in pitboss games as well.

We downloaded the exe file and used it and that way at least our direct ip game worked. Maybe someone who understood German better than me (like Knoedel) could tell if that fix would be helpful in pitboss games as well.

There is another .exe that might prove useful if you scroll down to Pitboss Hosting. If I understand the article correctly there should be no difference in whether you use one of their alternate exe files or edit the host file manually.

There is another .exe that might prove useful if you scroll down to Pitboss Hosting. If I understand the article correctly there should be no difference in whether you use one of their alternate exe files or edit the host file manually.

Yes, that is correct. The two advantages of the Exe are the guarantee that all players uses the same NATNEG server and you do not need admin rights on the used machine.

The modified version of the Pitboss executable should fix the the long timeout issue between some of the dialogs at startup. Other effects are not known by me.

So I finally applied the fix, which means it won't be hypocritical of me anymore if I complain about other people locking me out. Nor for example it's sub.

Btw I didn't get to play this last turn at all. Hope y'all who've been locking me out are proud of yourselves. :sad:

Btw I didn't get to play this last turn at all. Hope y'all who've been locking me out are proud of yourselves. :sad:

Would you like some cheese with than whine? :D

Alternatively perhaps a reload, if the last player who played last turn doesn't object to replay his turn?

Alternatively perhaps a reload, if the last player who played last turn doesn't object to replay his turn?

Na it's okay, because I'm really paranoid I had everything queued anyway, but if someone could pause the game this turn if I don't play it in time that would be nice. Tuesdays and Wendesdays are the worst time of the week for me because I'm in uni all day so you can imagine that I'm quite pissed when I don't manage to play my turn on Mondays.

For those of you who dont follow news about the server at RB site, here is the new address of the game:

game address:
pitboss.watto.no:2060

I had edited the opening post with the new address too.

The game server has changed entirely, as I have moved the games into a VPS which is hosted at a location with UPS and surge protection.

The new game address is pitboss.watto.no:2060

For now, it's a temporary arrangement, as I need to test that it actually works - so I have everything stored locally still until we know things work 100%.

Enjoy!

Edit: Crosspost with 2metra - thanks, man! :)

No, thank YOU man for doing all it takes for hosting our games ;)

Works great on my side btw.

No, thank YOU man for doing all it takes for hosting our games ;)

Works great on my side btw.

My pleasure! :)

There is something wrong with the ISDG. The timer is reported at nothing. What team(s) are up for playing there, do you know?

2metraninja is locking me out. :sad:

I am leaving the minute I get a message I am blocking someone, so I am slowing anyone with at most a minute playing his turn.

As how long anyone is staying in the game there is no restriction as far as I know if the player who blocks have the moral and courtesy to leave once he see he is blocking someone.

As for blocking, I get just fine along with some of the players. Are you guys sure you applied the "host" fix? It can help.

Huh? He's not connected at all...

I was in the game, but as I said, I leave immediately when I get a notification I am blocking someone, so all it takes is to re-try in few seconds.

Top Bottom