New terrain tiles in Civilization V

Rovi

Chieftain
First of all, good morning, good afternoon or good night 😁. I wanted to open this thread to see if it is possible to create new terrain tiles, i.e. new terrain like the African savannah as an example 😌. I am not a programmer nor do I know anything about programming :/, however I am collaborating in the creation of a mod with the search for information and that it is exactly the same or as close to reality as possible 🤓. This is how I came to see that the game would be a bit more realistic by adding certain terrains 😲. Do you think it's possible c:? Would you like to join this adventure C:? Do you think I'm obsessed with the game and should take some time (*-*)? I look forward to your answers to these questions and to generate a nice debate: D. (By the way, my native language is Spanish, so please excuse me if there is an error in the wording 😅)

yes it is.
here is an example of a mad that does just so.

it works by replacing the existing files via a dlc. it is placed here.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

he has changed most textures.

to make even more changes all you need is to copy and paste the file(s) you wish to change into that folder with the rest.

civ 5 texture files can be found here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource

you can use a program like dragon unpacker to unpack the fpk and get your files put to edit.

or you can make your own the only thing you really need to to name it the same name inside the dlc pack.

sí, lo es.
He aquí un ejemplo de un loco que hace precisamente eso.

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/terrain-texture-enhancement-2k.570307/

Funciona reemplazando los archivos existentes mediante un dlc. está colocado aquí.

C:\Archivos de programa (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

Ha cambiado la mayoría de las texturas.

para realizar aún más cambios, todo lo que necesita es copiar y pegar los archivos que desea cambiar en esa carpeta con el resto.

Los archivos de textura de Civ 5 se pueden encontrar aquí.
C:\Archivos de programa (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Resource

Puedes usar un programa como Dragon Unpacker para descomprimir el fpk y editar tus archivos.

o puedes crear el tuyo propio, lo único que realmente necesitas para ponerle el mismo nombre dentro del paquete dlc.
First of all, apologies for the delay in responding 🥺; work and university have been overwhelming this year :/
Looking at the images, the terrain looks fantastic 🤩. Do you think it's possible to create a new 3D model as well? I was thinking not only textures but also new terrains with different properties \😲/, like a highland terrain where a new resource of llamas appears or a new taiga terrain 🤯. I believe that would greatly enrich the game 😌

First of all, apologies for the delay in responding 🥺; work and university have been overwhelming this year :/
Looking at the images, the terrain looks fantastic 🤩. Do you think it's possible to create a new 3D model as well? I was thinking not only textures but also new terrains with different properties \😲/, like a highland terrain where a new resource of llamas appears or a new taiga terrain 🤯. I believe that would greatly enrich the game 😌
yes that could be quite possible.

do you want llamas i can make them for you.

I'm not apposed to making a few things here and there for people. llamas seen pretty possible. i can probably get them using horse or cow animations so they move a little while in the tile.

i have started experimenting with animated resources. i made a new reindeer resource for another user that i work with.
the reindeer move and act just as the deer resource.
he works on an expansion for the VP mod adding new natural wonders and a few new resources.

i wouldn't be opposed to doing a resource here and there for people or a unit or 2.

just keep it with in reason. i don't have the time to go doing a ton of stuff but a few here and there i can do.

sometimes what people suggest causes breakthroughs in my own project. like the reindeer resource i made for a user.
it was my first animated resource.

he encouraged me to attempt it and it worked proving new animated resources are possible. with the br2 over ride method.

when it come to helping out with projects....
its not that i don't want to help people its just that coming up with all the unit resource and ideas for everything else takes so much effort and time.
its really that every time i join some one ongoing project i delay progress on project aftermath my apacolyptic mod project.

so please keep it within reason. i tend to not tell people no which is a problem of mine.
personally i have a hard time saying no to people. I wont say no to helping but do know it takes away from my own project.
so please keep it within reason.

i love civ 5 so new ideas are awesome to me no matter where the idea comes from and no matter what mod they are for.
so its not hard to get me on board with an idea. but just please keep it in moderation for now.

Last edited:
yes that could be quite possible.

do you want llamas i can make them for you.

I'm not apposed to making a few things here and there for people. llamas seen pretty possible. i can probably get them using horse or cow animations so they move a little while in the tile.

i have started experimenting with animated resources. i made a new reindeer resource for another user that i work with.
the reindeer move and act just as the deer resource.
he works on an expansion for the VP mod adding new natural wonders and a few new resources.

i wouldn't be opposed to doing a resource here and there for people or a unit or 2.

just keep it with in reason. i don't have the time to go doing a ton of stuff but a few here and there i can do.

sometimes what people suggest causes breakthroughs in my own project. like the reindeer resource i made for a user.
it was my first animated resource.

he encouraged me to attempt it and it worked proving new animated resources are possible. with the br2 over ride method.

when it come to helping out with projects....
its not that i don't want to help people its just that coming up with all the unit resource and ideas for everything else takes so much effort and time.
its really that every time i join some one ongoing project i delay progress on project aftermath my apacolyptic mod project.

so please keep it within reason. i tend to not tell people no which is a problem of mine.
personally i have a hard time saying no to people. I wont say no to helping but do know it takes away from my own project.
so please keep it within reason.

i love civ 5 so new ideas are awesome to me no matter where the idea comes from and no matter what mod they are for.
so its not hard to get me on board with an idea. but just please keep it in moderation for now.
That would really be very kind of you 🥹.

And don't worry, I understand very well; I wouldn't want to abuse your time either 🥺. I was just gathering information to add to Civilization V 😲, including all kinds of resources 😌. The idea of reindeer sounds interesting too, as the tundras and snow tiles are quite empty in some cases :/.

I could share my progress with you in the coming days 😁; I'd have to translate it into English, but it'll be easy 😼.

And now I'm curious, what would your apocalyptic mod add 😲?

Heyo folks. Found your thread while looking for stuff of my own. Im currently making a comprehensive resource addition mod (finished 18 new plantation resource map assets today) so the discussion of reindeer and llamas is exciting to hear, but so is the concept of new tile types and features. I'd love to talk to both of you more but the forum model might be constraining so if youre on discord my name there is "fionadanger" I'd love to talk, discuss plans, do some co-op modding and whatnot. This an exciting space for me because so far Ive only added civs and religions to the game so far but the resources mod is making great progress.

That would really be very kind of you 🥹.

And don't worry, I understand very well; I wouldn't want to abuse your time either 🥺. I was just gathering information to add to Civilization V 😲, including all kinds of resources 😌. The idea of reindeer sounds interesting too, as the tundras and snow tiles are quite empty in some cases :/.

I could share my progress with you in the coming days 😁; I'd have to translate it into English, but it'll be easy 😼.

And now I'm curious, what would your apocalyptic mod add 😲?

Here is the link for the apocalyptic mod

I would start on page 9. That is where started units. It's going to be a few years in the making. But I'm always looking for ideas and for people to help come up with ideas for things from units to building to terrain features.

The mod will change everything. Nothing from civ 5 in making it into the mod. Trees have been changed to a 3d ruins set. I'm currently making the raider units they are pretty cool.

As for the llamas and alpacas. I'll be making those soon.
And I will start a conversation with rovi.

I'll also add the llama and alpacas to my resource page here

I have been trying to find this thread for a while I couldn't for the life of me remember who requested llamas and alpacas.

Top Bottom