Spoiler :

Attachments

• yields.jpg
    yields.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 1,204
  • production.jpg
    production.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 1,195
I stll think production is too slow..or maybe science is too fast.

I would like to see some custom options about that.

Its weird spending 15 turns to build one library but to discover writing all you need is 5 turns.

Thanks. Production seems way more in line with previous Civs now (it's ALWAYS taken like 15 turns to build a library).

I've played just a single game but science still seemed too fast, particularly in endgame (as usual, though certainly better than previously). The modern era units are simply too close to the industrial ones on the tech tree. As an example, it is wrong that Mech Inf can be unlocked at the same time as the bomber. The bomber belong in what, ~1940ish while the mech inf is at least 20-30 years later if not more. The game fails to reflect this.

Likewise, modern armor is too close to armor.

But the problem is pronounced throughout the game - science outpaces production right from the onset.

Unless I focus like crazy on science I find I'm not normally that far ahead of where I should be. There are so many factors to that could change it. I normally play on smaller maps so I don't have as many cities or as high population

The bomber belong in what, ~1940ish while the mech inf is at least 20-30 years later if not more. The game fails to reflect this.

Mechanized infantry WW2 (German):

Mechanized infantry WW2 (US):

Sidenote: Infantry upgrade to Mech Infantry is now around 450:c5gold: a piece (!!!).

The yields are OK after you've gotten all the upgrades from techs and buildings, but really low before that. Working two 3-food farms to work one 3-hammer mine is pretty terrible, and 1-gold trading posts are also terrible.

And even with the upgraded yields, it's still going to take a really long time to build things. Your city here has about 30 hammers, and that's with every single citizen devoted only to food or hammers, nothing else. It's a fairly large, pure production city, and it'll still take 10 turns to build an infantry or anti-tank gun.

good info thanks for posting it.

And even with the upgraded yields, it's still going to take a really long time to build things. Your city here has about 30 hammers, and that's with every single citizen devoted only to food or hammers, nothing else. It's a fairly large, pure production city, and it'll still take 10 turns to build an infantry or anti-tank gun.

Not so sure about that. Took me 4 turns to build a fighter plane in Paris (25% factory but no RR, not a golden age). That's a significant improvement.

It's a fairly large, pure production city, and it'll still take 10 turns to build an infantry or anti-tank gun.

That would be slow even pre-patch. I almost think city production is a bit too high now.

I'm having alot of fun having slowed science exponentially by era (x 2/4/8/16/32/64), turned off RA's and reduced science building modifiers by half... makes the pace less stressful, and means even a techlead is rarely a very big one.

Using unit build speed as an indicator of production is likely a bad idea, simply because you don't need to build as many units in Civ 5 to wipe out your opponent. Whereas in Civ 4 I'd want to have 30-40 Bombers, in Civ 5 10 seems like overkill.

Incidentally, even though production seems low in the early game, they revised most building costs downward while boosting hammer production in the form of Deer Camps, Stables, Forges, etc. The net result is that buildings go up more quickly in the early game, and more quickly still in your capitol, where the palace was boosted. I'm still trying to figure out why people are saying production is so slow . . . unless it's the tired old "I've focused on research and not production and now my research outpaces my production." Perhaps it's true, but so what?

Production must be even more faster in Rome XD If you count his UA that is.

Top Bottom