[BTS] Odd Hammer Yield for Grassland HIll w/Windmill?

Jivilov

Prince
While perusing tile yields I noticed something odd at Istanbul. Check out the Grassland Hill w/Windmill one Tile NE of city center. It yields four Hammers, while a Riverside Grassland Hill Tile w/Windmill directly S of city center yields only three (Istanbul has a Levee). How does that non-Riverside Tile get four Hammers? Thanks.

Attachments

• Odd Tile Hammers.jpg
    Odd Tile Hammers.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 64
Events will usually leave notations on a tile stating what extra yield it's getting and why, IIRC, though I don't recall if they're visible in the city screen.

Yeah...events were the first thing that came to mind as well. Seems you're getting +2 hammers. I don't play with events, but recall the Tin event, I think, gives a hammer bonus of some sort. We may need a save to really see what is going on.

Also, try hovering your mouse over the tile outside the city screen to see what the yield shows. May just be a graphical bug.

Yeah, thanks folks. You're almost certainly right---I play with Random Events on along with all other stock game features. In fact there was something similar which happened to a Farm tile which gave it extra Food. No doubt something like that happened to Istanbul before it was captured. Thanks for your kind attention and prompt reply.

@AcaMetis: There's no indication it was a RE but that's almost certainly what it was.
@lymond: Yeah, the Tin event gives plus-two Hammers and doesn't become obsolete (I looked it up). The Horse/Grassland Tile N has three Hammers, the Farm/Grassland NE has none.

Last edited:
While perusing tile yields I noticed something odd at Istanbul. Check out the Grassland Hill w/Windmill one Tile NE of city center. It yields four Hammers, while a Riverside Grassland Hill Tile w/Windmill directly S of city center yields only three (Istanbul has a Levee). How does that non-Riverside Tile get four Hammers? Thanks.
Actually, that's an even hammer yield. (Booooh)

Top Bottom