New to Fall From Heaven 2

Yasha

Chieftain
Hello everyone. After getting bored of Civ 4 I decided to try out the FfH2 MOD and was pleasantly suprised at how fun it is. In fact I think it is far better then Civ 4 itself. The problem I am having is trying to figure out the mechanics of the game. Other then trying to find information in the Civpedia in game I've resorted to googling but have had limited success in getting useful info. Is there a document for the rules floating around somewhere or is it actually located in game?

If not I have 1 simple question at the moment. Playing as Hyborem after summoning them I noticed the Imp unit can gain access to spells. But when selecting the unit no spell abilities show up. I know you need access to the type of node for the school the spell belongs to. But in my last game I managed to acquire 2 Death nodes and gain access to the Summon skeleton promotion line. But no option for it showed up. Am I missing something? :crazyeye:

Here's a manual, Yasha:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265888

It's a very good read.

I'm also new to Fall from Heaven 2, and I haven't played Infernal yet. However, I think their Imp is just an Adept with some special features.

With that in mind:

1. Make sure that you have actually acquired the Death Mana. It's a resource, so you need a route to the nodes.
2. The Imp will need a free promotion to pick up Death I before it can cast Summon Skeleton. It will gain XP slowly even when not in battle so you won't be waiting too long. I tend not to promote my Adepts for this very reason (though I've barely used magic at this point).

Imps function just like Adepts. In order to cast a spell, you need the magic promotion relating to that school, I.E., Summon Skeleton will require Death I, Enchanted Blade will require Enchantment I, etc. At the very least, you should be able to take the Entropy I and Fire I promotions, which grant Rust and Blaze, as the Infernal capital grants these mana.

Top Bottom