New unit: Da Vinci's Tank

..... i may post what i want

no you can't... if you read the Rules when you started, you would know

this is the internet pal, welcome to the real world

the internet you can do this, but not when you agree to follow the rules, and then don't...

most players, as myself included, consider bumping old thread spamming, and Spamming is against the rules

Let's make this very clear. You bumped an old thread. I'm not sure if there is officially a rule against this, but it's impolite. One guy laughs at the thrice bumped thread, A guy explains the rules. You insult him. We count to ten and explain why the internet does have rules. You insult us again. Also, Myspace and Youtube are considered to be filled with loud idiots. Probably not the best people to emulate.

I recommend that we let it go...we cannot alter the behavior of an individual, we can only react to that behavior...

If we continue to fight on this thread we will all get MODERATED!!!...and we dont want that now do we?

Miles Teg summed it up nicely.

Bumping old threads isn't against the rules. However, it is indeed considered impolite.

If someone doesn't know that bumping is considered impolite (and there's no reason why they should, if it's not in the rules) then it's perfectly OK to tell them so in a polite way.

If someone has been told this, it is not OK to start being rude. Because that is against the rules.

As strange as this unit is, it could actually be a very nice fit into a mod of the standard game. Da Vinci tank made available by Da Vinci's Workshop. Upgrades to WW1 era tank which upgrades to the default Sherman.

I love it!!

[EDIT]: Woops, just noticed the date on the OP and the latest discussion about bumping. Sorry guys.

I think all threads should be locked after a month or two, and if you want to add something, PM a mod first... (a little note would apear showing the n00bz how to do it).

That would be an almighty hassle for the mods! There are plenty of perfectly legitimate reasons why someone might need to bump an old thread, so it's simplest if people can just do it. Again, bumping old threads just to say "Great unit!" etc is not against the rules. So I don't really see any need to make it impossible.

But I think this should move to Site Feedback if anyone wants to talk about it further.

But I think this should move to Site Feedback if anyone wants to talk about it further.

Nah, the number of nasty bumpers is (it seems) really quite a small percent ... of course, now I also appreciate why Wyrmshadow has his List. Besides, having a newbie bump an ancient and hoary thread is also a way to welcome him/her to CFC.

-Oz

Please, dear people, stop whining.

Sorry, but juvenile whining akin to chimpanzees-flinging-their-own-dung-at-the-cage is like fingernails on a chalkboard (how's that for mixing metaphors? :crazyeye: ). Besides, the (forgive the pun) Civility of almost everyone on these boards is partly why I've made it my online "home".

Best Regards,

Oz

the people are working on a steam punk mod pack and this unit is probably not going to be used for a few reasons. 1.- Leonardo's work shop wonder gets replaced by Edisons labratory which was built in 1887. and 2.- theres already enough tank units in this mod pack already.

the people are working on a steam punk mod pack and this unit is probably not going to be used for a few reasons. 1.- Leonardo's work shop wonder gets replaced by Edisons labratory which was built in 1887. and 2.- theres already enough tank units in this mod pack already.

Dear me. :shake: Are you even aware of the irony in your "name"? Unless you have something constructive to add, a decent rule-of-thumb is to let threads > ~6 months old rest in peace in the Thread Necropolis.

Thank You,

Oz

Top Bottom