New unit types

KiNg_

Chieftain
I realise that a similar post may already exist but anyway, these are a few of my ideas for new units that could be added to civBE

Transporter
This unit would be a support vehicle that is used to transport infantry
It wouldn't suffer from terrain penalties and after affinity upgrades would have 3 movement and 2 capacity

Asteroid Miner
This would be a long lasting sattelite that while in orbit would provide a small amount of production to nearby tiles and a small amount of titanium

Xeno Tamer
An early harmony unit that has the ability to convert aliens to your side

General
Expensive purity unit that resembles a single battlesuit unit with medals, provides powerful bonuses to all infantry units in a 2 hex radius

Frenzy Emitter
Sattelite with a large AOE, causes all aliens underneath to attack any unit they come across

Deforester
Sattelite that has a long orbit time but removes all trees in the area, does not provide any production to nearby cities

Orbital Missile
A missile that counts as an orbital unit, can be launched anywhere in your orbital coverage

These are just a few suggestions, feel free to leave your opinion or your own ideas

Harmony should be able to "raise" (build) a Kraken. The evolved upgrade should get either -30% ranged or plus 1(2?) movement.

Exoskeleton that can be attached to the military personnel units that can give them more movement points/range.

Armor that can be attached to the military personnel units that can give them more hit points.

Refueling pods that can be attached to aircraft that can extend their range.

Symbiotic unit that is ignored by the planet's fauna and is not affected by the miasma.

A submersible transport unit with 1 or 2 unit capacity.

A robotic unit that travels submerged when in water.

Civ 4 and 5 had paratroopers and helicopters. The sleds and hover units are BERT version of helicopters, but there is no paratrooper type unit. I would suggest that the battlesuit have a satalite jump as part of the promotion. The icon would be the same as a satalite launch, but would function like a paratrooper.

I would like to see an upgrade to explorers that would make them hover units so that they could get to those ice locked pods and ruins.
It might also be nice to have an orbital unit with a range of 2 to orbit and 2 to land(on any level land surface). Basically what a Rocktopus should have been.

If Ryika is listening, I would like a T2 explorer that hovers. You might also add +1 movement and 2-4 strength, but the hover is the key. :)

Top Bottom