New Units: Assorted Sept 5th 2003

Whowzers... Thanks again for your dedication and talent...

One request,...is there any possability of getting a preview of the Native American units so that we can aptly integrate them
into our mods,
thus being able to actually use them when
you're finished with them? 'Twould be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by Kinboat
How big is the file? I'd be interested in seeing it if it's not too large.
5.28mb zipped thats pretty big, I guess its because its with sounds. If its too big I can post some pictures from it, showing an attack.

I just now saw these, Kinboat. Simply amazing. I'm not sure what else to say. Your time, hard work, and dedication making increasingly fantastic units is mind-boggling. I could only wish I could do the same.

Thank you. It is so greatly appreciated. It is people like you who make a game such as Civ3 live on long past the time it would normally remain interesting.

This is top notch. No one can say less.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

CK

That's quite possibly the best praise I've ever read... Now I'm having trouble getting my swelled head through my door :) Thank you. I probably wouldn't still be making units (because I very rarely play the game anymore) if it wasn't for everyone on the boards here and their help and praise. Like Yoda Power here offering his help...
Some pictures would be helpful. If after seeing them I need to see more I'll ask for the whole thing.
god-money... One big preview image coming up :)

I just had time to make one pic. This is what I would suggest as attackA. He moves into combat hitting with his Katana(sword). He should move the Katana over his head in the fortify flc.

attack two. He is hitting the body. I think there should an attackC, but its up to you:)

That first group of pictures is not very good, the katana shouldnt go that far back, its wrong.

Originally posted by Madeira
That first group of pictures is not very good, the katana shouldnt go that far back, its wrong.
its the most realistic.

Kinboat, How bout jumping back into the fantasy units so we can get all these fantasy mods that are in the works finally out. Like Embroydeads and the LOTR mod, as well as Sir Johns updated Fantasy Empires. Just a suggestion. That would probably get you back into playing.

BTW, I'm thinking that Civ 4 units will be much more difficult to create when it comes out. Firaxis is probably upset that our user created units are better than their original ones now.:D

3DS Max, eh? Yeah, I recently got my own copy of that, but I'm still pretty bad at it! :D

That's rough to have to do all your own costumes, but the results speak for themselves... very well-integrated units that fit well in the Civ3 style. You're right though... hi-poly models are a waste for Civ unless you're doing leaderheads. Cutting down on render time is always a good thing...

Anyway, keep up the good work and looking forward to your next units!

These, like just about all your units I've seen look really great. I was wondering: a while back, when you were doing all those WWI units, you said a Ford1918 was next, is there any chance we'll see that sometime?

Originally posted by aaminion00
I know that you've just done the Samurai Archer, but could you please make a slightly more advanced unit, like one with a crossbow or something. I'm sure some existed. The Chinese had crossbows as well as the Europeans. Then we would have the Japanese Worker, Settler, Spearman, Archer, Swordsman, Longbowman, Pikeman, AND Medieval infantry all done!!
There is a Crossbowman in PtW and it will also be included in Conquests. IMO the Otomo Archer (has some Japanese name) should be used for the archer and the Samurai Archer should replace the Longbowman.

Originally posted by Kal-el

There is a Crossbowman in PtW and it will also be included in Conquests. IMO the Otomo Archer (has some Japanese name) should be used for the archer and the Samurai Archer should replace the Longbowman.

Yeah, but none of the extras have civilopedia icons.

I'd switch that around, Kal-el, as the Otomo no Makuta has iron
plating..., or do as I've done and use the Makuta for the Koreans
instead.

Top Bottom