New Units: Slinger and Inti Warrior 11/20/03

Great unit (I definately will need it if I give each civ 2 uus). It doesn't look quite like it would do for Mesopotamia or Carthage, but (IIRC) its the only sling unit anyone really has made.

I think it looks great! :goodjob:

Originally posted by Louis XXIV
...but (IIRC) its the only sling unit anyone really has made.
I think it looks great! :goodjob:

There is another Inca slinger in the American Conquest conversion collection

I think the slinger could fit in with the other central and south american natives but the Inti is really more specific. Might work but I think you'd get more complaints with that one :)

Thanks. Maybe Loulong could edit the slinger to give him pants instead of a loin cloth thing so it could fit more with the European, African, and Middle-Eastern area (you did ask what else you could do :D )

Great units Kinboat.

Guys, I myself am a big opponent of using flavor units for more than one civ. What's the point then? They're not even flavor units any more. Stick to having a unit go for only one civ. You may have more generic civ3 units like the western plate armor pikeman substituting for the aztec pikemen, but at least it won't be unauthentic or take anything away from the flavor units that already exist. Assuming that you'll make the Inca UU the Inti warrior and make the Scout graphic the Inca warrior graphic, here's what the status of Native American flavor units really looks like.

Attachments

• flavorunit1.gif
    flavorunit1.gif
    25.3 KB · Views: 357
I think flavor units apply to the type of civilization their used for. The Incans, Aztecs, and Mayans used the same type of soldiers for the same purposes. Eagle Warriors were used by most Mesoamerican cultures. So I'd let it be, but I'd atleast have a little different in them. Their primary UU for instance.

I agree with Mobilize, some nations had the same flavor units. Most of the Middle eastern civs share units from the middle age and on.

:eek: , this ones are great.

Let me tell you I always lurk in this forum and I use tons of units from here (later, I'll submit a list of them so I can get their creatos permission to use them in my mod ;) )

Anyway, just a little thing...

I'm peruvian, and I love Inca story, so I can say a few things about...

The Inti Warrior as you said it's :b:, but I think his use could like an "elite unit", 'cause you have made his macan and shield of gold. But, originally, they were of wood and a shaped rock (the macan) and of leather and feathers (the shield).

So, this one could be "the highest elite..." of the Inca units.

And, about the sliger, yes, it's great, and if you combine it with the one of the American Conquest ;)

Just some info for you guys that use the units in your mods.

:b: :b: :b:

:D

Kal, put utah's Inti Warrior in the Swordsman slot.. that's what I did, and then Kinboat's in the Medieval Infantry. I call one Inti Warrior and the other Inti Footman.

One thing I have noticed while using these amazing units in the game is that the skin color tones differ somewhat from the original units. The skin and hair look a bit muted. I'm not sure what would make them match better - maybe some heavier shadows?

Anyway, it's not a big deal. I don't know how much work the colors are, so it may not even be worth it to mess around with them.

Well the macan was intended to be gold but the shield was supposed to look like a wood or maybe woven reed type setup... I guess I should have changed the colors a little more :)

I haven't actually played with these in game so maybe a screen shot would help. I might be able to exaggerate the contrast in the skin texture to get brighter lights and darker darks.

Adjusting the contrast may be the ticket. :goodjob:

I can get a screenshot when I get home this evening. Don't get me wrong, these units are jaw-droppingly beautiful works of art. I really don't mean to be a nitpicker!

Top Bottom