Warfare Expanded Mod Family

KrumStrashni

Warlord
Warfare Expanded has recently been "reloaded" on Steam with many new additions to unit art and cultural variation. We felt it was high time to open a new thread to reflect the mod's development.

The mod nod now exists in three modules:

Warfare Expanded: Reloaded (basemod);

Expansions:
Warfare Expanded: Medieval (Adding a tier of extra medieval units splitting the era in "early" and "late");
Warfare Expanded: Armored Assault (Adds new extra melee and ranged armored/cavalry units);
The last two modules need the basemod to work and are optional.

Community members are invited to check this thread regularly as we will be releasing updates on our work progress.

Feel free to report bugs as well.

Description

The Warfare Expanded mod adds lots of new global land, sea and air units to Civilization 6. Adds new Fire Support line to land units, Naval Bombard line to sea units and Ground Attack line to air units. New Marine line has also been added.

Cultural variation (CV) for all civs is complete for Ancient, Classical, Medieval, and Modern Eras. Work continues until all units receive a CV look.

WARNINGS!!!

Requires Rise & Fall and Gathering Storm. Use of the remaining DLCs is recommended for optimal unit art appearance.

Works with Steel & Thunder: Unique Units, but the mod is no longer continuously supported, there might be discrepancies.

This mod now no longer requires Deliverator's MOAR Units mod and it should be disabled as well as S&T:Unit Expansion.

Also it CANNOT be used with the older mod version Warfare Expanded: Complete Edition and that mod should be disabled before moving to the Warfare Expanded: Reloaded version of the mod.

Warfare Expanded: Complete Edition will no longer be updated, but it requires no DLCs and we kept it alive on Steam.

Upgrade from Aircraft Carrier to Supercarrier at your own risk. Please remove all aircraft from Aircraft Carrier before upgrading or you will loose your planes. I have no fix for this.

Language Support
English, Italian (thanks to d_iperione) German (thanks to Sincius), Korean (thanks to nut9931) Chinese (thanks to siau2tie1 and ) and Russian (thanks to Tolerant) language support.

Known language issues
If you use an unsupported language this mod will most likely be in Russian or German. Not sure why as English is the base text. Only workaround is to set English as your default language in options.

Credits
Warfare Expanded was created by Wolfdog (Hizkiyahu).
The team has since then expanded. We have also made use of existing resources by the modding community.
Thanks to KrumStrashni & siau2tie1 for all the hours they have put into cultural variation. Thanks to Zipprian for his custom artwork and icons; frontstrom(风云城关) for all his custom made Chinese models. DB for his help with the code. Deliverator, zwei833, Sukritact, snafusmith, The_Coyote, Darnell, Pouakai, for letting us use their artwork and giving needed advice.

Recommended Mods
For more Armoured and Cavalry units get the Warfare Expanded: Armoured Assault expansion pack.
For more Medieval units get the Warfare Expanded: Medieval expansion pack.
Stop unit b-lining with infixo's Real Tech Tree mod.
For a bigger tech try League's Extended Techtree [GS].

Unit Upgrade Paths:

Land
Melee

• Warrior -> Swordsman -> Longswordsman -> Musketman -> Rifleman -> Early Infantry -> Infantry -> Modern Infantry
Ranged

• Archer -> Composite Bowman -> Crossbowman -> Culverin -> Field Cannon -> Field Gun -> Field Howitzer -> Field Artillery
Anti-Mounted

• Spearman -> Heavy Infantry -> Pikeman -> Pike & Shot -> Line Infantry -> Anti-tank Rifle -> Anti-tank Gun -> Attack Helicoper
Light Cavalry

• Horseman -> Courser -> Harquebusier -> Cavalry -> Mounted Rifles -> Armored Infantry -> Mechanized Infantry
Heavy Cavalry

• Heavy Chariot -> Armored Horseman -> Knight -> Reiter -> Cuirasser -> Landship -> Tank -> Main Battle Tank
Siege

• Catapault -> Trebuchet -> Bombard -> Heavy Cannon -> Heavy Artillery -> Heavy Howitzer -> Rocket Artillery
Fire Support

• Slinger -> Psiloi -> Javelineer -> Arquebusier -> Gatling Gun -> Machine Gun -> Heavy Weapons -> Modern Heavy Weapons
Air
Fighter

• Early Fighter -> Fighter -> Jet Fighter -> Stealth Fighter
Bomber

• Early Bomber -> Bomber -> Jet Bomber -> Stealth Bomber
Ground Attack

• Early Ground Attack -> Ground Attack -> Jet Ground Attack
Naval
Naval Melee

• Galley -> Cog -> Caravel -> Corvette -> Ironclad -> Torpedo Gunboat -> Destroyer -> Missile Frigate
Naval Ranged

• Quadrireme -> Galleass -> Frigate -> Armored Cruiser -> Light Cruiser -> Battlecruiser -> Missile Destroyer
Naval Bombard

• Greek Fire Dromon -> Carrack-> Ship Of The Line -> Pre-Dreadnought -> Dreadnought -> Battleship -> Missile Cruiser
Naval Raider

• Privateer -> Merchant Raider -> Submarine -> Ballistic MissileĂ‚Â Submarine
Marine

• Naval Infantry -> Marine -> Modern Marine
Support
Artillery Observer

• Observation Balloon -> Observation Helicopter -> Drone
Bonus Units
  • UAV
  • Attack Submarine

Last edited:
Looks good !

I'm curious, what's your workflow with artdef and so many units/variation ?

Looks good !

I'm curious, what's your workflow with artdef and so many units/variation ?

I work on Units_Bins.artdef mostly and via Asset Editor. It is where i differentiate the assets attached.
And a lot of Blender and texture work.

Hey, I play Civ6 on iPad so I don’t think I can download these mods from steam...is there another way I can get them?

Testing the mod ... so far America has a British bomber for Jet Bomber... screenshot below. From the steam workshop.

Attachments

• ww3.PNG
    ww3.PNG
    5.1 MB · Views: 466
Last edited:
Testing the mod ... so far America has a British bomber for Jet Bomber... screenshot below. From the steam workshop.
Hi, yes. This will be fixed with next release. There was a little typo preventing the CV

How did you do Renaissance 'quarter' armor like this one??
Mostly combining existing armors. Write me a PM. I could send you the assets if you need for another mod.

We are currently working on the CV for the Renaissance. The Musketman's rework is almost done.

I'm using your work well. Thank you for creating a great mode. Could you make the unique skin of Musketeers of Japanese civilization? I'm really sorry if it was an unreasonable demand. Anyway, I love and support your mode. :)

Looks amazing is there any possible thought going into making a fourth class of aircraft. I believe there needs to be a multi role fighter. Currently the ground attack aircraft works as one but then there is no traditional ground attack aircraft aircraft

The World congress doesn't recognize the modded fire support unit type when voting for the "military advisory" resolution.
Also just noted that I can't build / buy ranged cavalry right now. I think it is because the normal ranged unit is currently much better than the cavalry ranged option. (culverin vs heavy horse archer).
World congress resolution.png

Top Bottom