NEW UNITS: Wolf Rider & Warg Rider

Originally posted by mrtn

The same thing as a Volf ;) Tolkien used the same technique as the heavy metal bands; if you can't spell it, it's cooler.:D Anyone remember Mötley Crüe?

I can't say it with certainty, but I strongly suspect that 'warg' is what an Old English cognate of Swedish varg would have looked like. The Swedish word, BTW, etymologically means something like "ill-doer", which is pretty appropriate for an evil creature.

Originally posted by xghost
I want that unit! I want that unit! If only there were more people out there to make these fantasy units, heck, they'd be coming along quite quickly then! Sadly, we fantasy lovers are forced to be patient and wait for the people making them to complete them *sigh*:( Oh well, i'm over it!:D

Not to worry, I went to the 3D modding community looking for volunteers, I have 3 so far, and should be getting some units done soon, One guy is keen to do Undead and another Orcs... Warcraft 3 style but heck better than nothing...

Cool, you think anyone could check out my unit request thread in my sig? I'm waiting patiently, and I won't give up on these yet.

Further to my earlier post i have check everything and it still comes out as a native american indian

there can't be anything wrong with the addresses as i don't have a native american indian unit any where on my computer

Please Help?:egypt: :confused: [dance] :viking: :thanx:

Man, we can't really help you if you won't tell us anything. You certainly do something wrong, so please tell us what exactly did you do to add this unit to a game, otherwise we just can't do anything.

Originally posted by Mallek
Further to my earlier post i have check everything and it still comes out as a native american indian

there can't be anything wrong with the addresses as i don't have a native american indian unit any where on my computer

Please Help?

:hmm: Give us a step by step explanation how you aded the unit to your game. Also do you say the unit looks like a native american in the build screen or after you build it, it is a native american unit? If it is just in your build screen then you need to select an icon for it. Otherwise it isn't installed properly. We need more details to help you here.

I installed the unit in the normal way you know - update civilpedia and pediaicons gave the correct address and every thing. i must have done it write because i have installed over 100 units and leader heads into my fantasy mod, and this is the only one that doesn't work. but and this is a big but i may have made a slight error. can you tell me have you down loaded and installed this unit and if so do you have the same problem

.p.s. the wolf rider on the other hand is fantastic.

:confused:

:egypt: :love: :goodjob:

Have you tried looking at the FLC files in FLICster? Maybe there was a glitch while downloading and you got another unit. I just downloaded them again and they come out alright though.

Sorry Mallek you must have done something wrong when adding the unit. It works well ie. in my Warhammer Fantasy Mod. Check if the entry in editor matches exactly the entry in PediaIcons.txt, then the FLC files as Kinboat said.

Very good, this is going to the mods i hope. you now have so many well detailed and excellent units made, there is o question that the LOTR map you make when you finally will throw my 2 scenarios out the window. :D

@Mallek: As Kinboat posted. You might try to re-download the unit. If the wrong .flc file was put in the folder you would get a different looking unit. Those are the animation files for the unit. If one is wrong it will make your unit look like something else.

:D hello every one i have located the problem with the warg rider. i forgot that when i had just civ3 and not play the world i had down loaded a tolkien mod with warg rider in it, and guess what the warg rider in the first one was a native american indian. i didn't realise though that the cpu looks through all versions of the game looking for the unit i thought it just looked in the scenario folder.

thanks everyone for their replies they were much apreciated, thank you! :goodjob: :king: :egypt: :D

Cool. Now that you found the problem, I hope you enjoy. :goodjob:

yes the warg rider is excelent and i curently having a go with it in C3C :egypt: :confused: :cool: :o :eek: :mad:

Top Bottom