New Version - July 15th (7-15 v2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazebo

Lord of the Community Patch
Supporter
Hey all,

New version inbound, with just a few small changes. Is savegame compatible.

Bugs/Changes:
  • Fixed Arabian desert yields bug
  • Fixed religious spread from piety not adjusting properly with city refresh
  • Builders prioritize resources a bit more
  • Fixed difficulty scaling issue (used wrong file - silly me)
  • Adjusted GG Citadel logic some more
  • AI more likely to pillage during war, and raze properly if they want to simply punish the player for existing (rather than conquer them)
  • Workboats can now move through Ice (at Ballistics)
  • Villages now start with +1 Culture (base)

UI:
  • Added some CBP elements to EUI tooltips (plots)
  • Added Whoward's Archaeology/Artifacts mods to CBP - no longer needed.

Piety tweak:
  • Opener: +3 faith in capital now +1 faith/culture from temples
  • Divine Right: now +1 happiness from temples (was +4 happiness from religious national wonders)

Tradition Tweak:
  • Finisher: +3 Happiness from Palace, and +1 Happiness from National Wonders with Building requirements.

Liberty Tweak:
  • Representation loses +3 happiness, now +1 per 12 (was 15)

New version uploaded at of 10:10pm EST.

G

Compatibility files both point to same non EUI file!!!

Checked the diff file and, well, more in line to what I expected from you based on your overall goals for this project. Are those the original numbers you had in mind for this version, or did you already tone them down from your first 7-15 goal?

Also, did you test those AIDeclareWar probs? Some could be dangerously high and render the rest of the AI Declare War logic almost irrelevant (as in the dll code)... just asking, before kickstarting a trial game.

Checked the diff file and, well, more in line to what I expected from you based on your overall goals for this project. Are those the original numbers you had in mind for this version, or did you already tone them down from your first 7-15 goal?

Also, did you test those AIDeclareWar probs? Some could be dangerously high and render the rest of the AI Declare War logic almost irrelevant (as in the dll code)... just asking, before kickstarting a trial game.

All tested, yes. The AI declare war values are quite high, however they only affect the AI's war commitment once the AI wants war, so it is WAD.

And yeah, these are the numbers I've been testing for some time, I just posted the wrong version in 7-15. Silly me.

G

A few things that were probably all present in the last patch, but I was being lazy and stupid and a terrible person so I didn't try it out properly, also I never got to found a religion in the last patch for some reason.

The updated yields on the religious faith-buy buildings are not reflected in the religion founding screen, they seem to work fine in game however, probably just an oversight.

Now I'm curious about if it has been a bug that I've been whining about as a feature all this time with a mentioning of a line in the changelog regarding great prophets:

Reduced delta to 2nd+ prophet by 100 (to 300)
What does this even mean?

Currently GPs scale 300 -> 600 -> 1200
Is that the intended number?

I think so. Before you needed 700 faith for the second Prophet. Delta is the increment. So 300 the first one, plus an increment of 300 (100 less than before) result in 600.

I think so. Before you needed 700 faith for the second Prophet. Delta is the increment. So 300 the first one, plus an increment of 300 (100 less than before) result in 600.

Right, I think I get it, still that's a really harsh scaling system considering the faith resets every time.

Current system would be 300->600->1200->2100->3300?
That means you'd need to reach a whopping 7500 total faith to get to your 5th prophet?

But IIRC it resets at Industrial and goes with the same numbers as any other GP that you could buy with faith.

5 prophets before Industrial Era would be weird right?

edit: for clarification

But IIRC it resets at Industrial and goes with the same numbers as any other GP that you could buy with faith.

5 prophets before Industrial Era would be weird right?

edit: for clarification

It did not used to do that at all, it stayed the same once you hit industrial.

By the way, interesting interaction with the weird piety opener, my cities once they get my religion stop getting the pressure bonus from my other cites (yes that is intended I know), but keep getting increased pressure and increased range from my neighbor, making them pretty impossible to hold on to.

MIn regard to the new difficulty system:

1) The tooltips fpr the first two levels still contraict each other (Settler = old Kind, Chieftain = old prince)

2) Is it WAI that you start on Chieftain with a whopping +18 free happiness and you receive a 60% combat bonus vs. barbs? Thats both much more then I'm used to from old King or even Prince. Or has that become recently necessary within the balance of your mod (has been a few months since I played the last time)

3) Vanilla BNW has a difficulty effect on combat IIRC - Prince and below means deadlier combat, while King and above means that units deal overall less damage (which tends to help the AI). From when on CBP uses the maximum "less deadly" calculation?

And unrelated to the above:

4) Are the various changed UAs have been to scale with gamespeed as well,where appropiate? Having started a game as Russia on Marathon, I noticed that the science bonus from tile buying does not scale (the purchase costs for tiles however do!)

MIn regard to the new difficulty system:

1) The tooltips fpr the first two levels still contraict each other (Settler = old Kind, Chieftain = old prince)

2) Is it WAI that you start on Chieftain with a whopping +18 free happiness and you receive a 60% combat bonus vs. barbs? Thats both much more then I'm used to from old King or even Prince. Or has that become recently necessary within the balance of your mod (has been a few months since I played the last time)

3) Vanilla BNW has a difficulty effect on combat IIRC - Prince and below means deadlier combat, while King and above means that units deal overall less damage (which tends to help the AI). From when on CBP uses the maximum "less deadly" calculation?

And unrelated to the above:

4) Are the various changed UAs have been to scale with gamespeed as well,where appropiate? Having started a game as Russia on Marathon, I noticed that the science bonus from tile buying does not scale (the purchase costs for tiles however do!)

2) I believe the +60% is just a "toottip bug". It should be 20%.
More info here and here

Nope, never. Combat is on equal footing with the AI, in terms of stats (not in terms of brains, obviously, but that is another matter). It's like that in vanilla also, it was forever.

Nope, never. Combat is on equal footing with the AI, in terms of stats (not in terms of brains, obviously, but that is another matter). It's like that in vanilla also, it was forever.

I was maybe a bit unclear with my wording - I don't wanted to claim that the AI plays with different rules (for better or worse) when it comes to units battling, but that for both sides combat is more lethal on lower levels, meaning that more units are dying on both sides, with fewer attacks being needed. The statement about "tends to help the AI" just refered to that less deadly combat might the slow down the human player in using superior tactics to produce quick kills (surving a lost combat at least allows the AI to withdraw)

I was maybe a bit unclear with my wording - I don't wanted to claim that the AI plays with different rules (for better or worse) when it comes to units battling, but that for both sides combat is more lethal on lower levels, meaning that more units are dying on both sides, with fewer attacks being needed. The statement about "tends to help the AI" just refered to that less deadly combat might the slow down the human player in using superior tactics to produce quick kills (surving a lost combat at least allows the AI to withdraw)

I think you might have got it mixed up with Vanilla or GnK, back then units had only 10 hp, not 100 as they have now. Units naturally dealt less damage as a consequence but things still died a lot faster.

Atleast I don't remember this being a feature on lower levels back in BnW

What I would love to see some day is an option for dynamic system that increases and reduces bonuses based on how you are doing. You are doing too well? Start giving the AI a % to all its yields. You are way too behind? Reduce their bonuses and even go into penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom