New Version - November 1st (11-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I see. Would 2 Jungle, 2 Forest worked produce +2 Faith +2 Culture then? Also, why is this the case? It's quite unintuitive.

Code. Can't mix and match features in the calculation model. Bonus stems from every pair of jungle or forest you work.

G

Fair enough, code is as code is. Maybe the tooltip could be rewritten very slightly to make this a bit more clear?

But the "IRL" reason aside, the real reason for the new mechanic was to prevent "production overflow via investment" strategies from being a common part of high-level play, since the AI is completely incapable of understanding and performing them.
Yeah, for example every great engineer would also complete the next building for me most games. (Use engineer to get wonder to 95%, invest and have like 400 hammers overflow into the next building.)

It was also common practice to get extra growth by getting a building to 1 turn, investing and then using the overflow on a settler instead of building the settler outright.

The fix was needed because us Deity players are vicious and will exploit whatever we can to get an advantage over the AI.

It works as described when the accumulated production past over a threshold (50% for buildings, 25% for wonders) you lose the possibility to invest.
Personally I found the 25% for wonders to be a complete nonsense it should be 75% to prevent production overflow but not this low.

I agree, you're not gonna overflow on your wonder and often times I start building a wonder when I am still a few turns away from getting enough gold to invest...

Militaristic city states are only giving me their unique unit, or siege weapons, never anything else.

Militaristic city states are only giving me their unique unit, or siege weapons, never anything else.

they are just emptying junk from warehouses. nuclear missiles and spaceship parts are at bottom. you can also try send a word to Enrico dandolo. He has great connections, may help little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom