Newbee to PBEM - a guide

Thanks LouLong, that is very helpful. As for human deals, I see how email would be used to decide the deal, but then who activates the deal in the game and on who's turn does the deal take effect. For instance, if I make
a deal with another player for iron on my turn, can I upgrade? Thanks.

It is not instant.
It does not matter who offers first through the F4 screens..

So:
turn 1a - player A offers player B whatever, and sends.
turn 1b - player B offers player A whatever, and accepts A's offer
- nothing has been transferred yet -

turn 2a - player A accepts player B offer
- now both transfers are made - player A can continue with the traded items.

----
So both players have to wait.
The only way round this is if you agree to trust(!) one another and gift the items.

So:
turn 1a - player A offers player B whatever and also accepts B's offer (nothing)

turn 1b - player B accepts player A's offer, and gets the goods immediately
- and then can make the reciprocal trade with A as above

turn 2a - player A accepts player B offer - and can continue with the traded items.

I am hosting a PBEM game, and can't figure out how to get into admin mode. HELP! thanks

After the game has been started it's my understanding that you cannot set an admin password.

It must be set at the start.

Pinman

Pinman - sry if I didn't explain more fully how 'newbeish' I am in this regards...
I did set a admin password, but how do I open up an admin session? I get a turn emailed to me, and I can open my turn. But I don't get a admin session, and I can't find anything in the conquest manual...

thanks for bearing with me.

Steve

The purpose of an admin password is to act as a password for ANY nation.
Which means that it will allow you to unlock and change the passwords for everyone else in your game.

To use it just type it in on the password screen of the nation you want to access. It will then give you the option of changing that nations password by typing in something new or removing the password altogether by just pressing the circle button.

That is it's only function.

Pinman

When is the next PBEM signup? I am looking everywhere and there is already games that had started.

Another is, I am getting tired of multi-player (simultaneous movement) and would love to try this out.

I'm a Newbie hosting. I'm confused how to start.

sorry for being very dumb on this but none of this told me how to start the game or how to send it to start a PBEM game. so how exactly do you do that because i would like to start a game with my friends and none of us have ever tried this before.

what does the savegame look like / in what directory is it stored? i have the steam version of civ 3.

Top Bottom