News: TSG156 Announcement!

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
Civilization 5 - Game of the Month Training Series Game 156
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\//////////////////////////////////////////

Welcome to the 156th game in the GOTM V Training Series! This Series will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out these features from Civ5's expansions and DLCs in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. You can read more about the GOTM and Training Series concept in this thread.

Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, Knowtalent or me know (via Private Message) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.

Civ V BNW - TSG156 Details:
Player (You): - Isabella - Spain
Victory Condition
: Any.
Difficulty: Emperor
Civs/City-States
(including player): 8/16
Map Type/Size: Pangea
Game pace: Standard

Game options:
Start - Ancient Era
Enabled - Quick Combat, Quick Movement

(Regardless of starting options, you may turn on/off Quick Combat/Quick Movement using the game options menu at any time during gameplay.)
Game Version: This game was created in Civ5 Brave New World version 1.0.3.279.
Game Requirements: Spain and Inca DLC, Babylon DLC, Korea DLC, Wonders of the Ancient World DLC, Gods and Kings expansion, Brave New World Expansion.

Spain Unique Attributes:

Spoiler :
UA: Seven Cities of Gold - Gold bonus for discovering a Natural Wonder (bonus enhanced if first to discover it). Culture, Happiness, and tile yields from Natural Wonders doubled.

UU: Tercio - This Unit has a higher Combat Strength than the Musketman which it replaces, as well as a Bonus vs Mounted promotion. However it is also more expensive to build.

UU: Conquistador - Medieval Era unit that specializes in scouting and colonizing overseas (may found cities on other continents). Replaces the Knight.

This is where you will start:

Information about threads associated with each individual TSG -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

TSG Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.

After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
We have a game file upload system you can find here. Please use it to upload your completed first attempt by saving the game on the turn after your victory or defeat. (by using the "lemme play one more turn" feature) Please note: you must submit your game on the turn following Victory. If you continue to play, the game overwrites the data and your submission could be rejected by the submission system.

This game runs for a month and ends May 1st, 2017.

The save will be available for download on April 1st, 2017, midnight Central Standard time (UTC -6:00) in the US.

The Save can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Settle T0, Get Coast, river, 2 calendar luxes (no hill)

Settle T1, Cannot improve T0 settlement

Settle T2 (NW) Get Hill, river, mountain, 1 calendar lux (no coast)

Settle T2 (SW) Get Hill, coast, mountain, 1 calendar lux, eventually cows (no river)

(DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS!)

Choice: Move Warrior 2 tiles East (between rivers)

Result: See 3 more tiles reachable by T1 or T2

(DECISIONS, DECISIONS, DECISIONS!) * 2

(What is HR hiding in the fog?)

I'm considering settling on the dyes.

I don't play Spain much. I wonder what natural wonder is hiding in the fog about 2 turns away if I go in the right direction? Probably a game-changer like Solomon's Mine, Mt Sinai, Lake Victoria, or Fountain of Youth.

I was actually playing a Spain game last weekend. Something I learned (that was VERY cool) was that you don't get 500G for El Dorado.

You get a cool grand...

Had already bought one settler from (Uluru?), so bought the second settler and (with another 120G that I had in the bank) two workers.

So, HR, El Dorado? Right?

Hey everybody, just wanted to say this is my last GotM. I've had a great time making maps for the players and glad to see some are still at it oh so many years later. Anyway, thanks for all the participation and discussions we've had. I really enjoyed seeing all the different interpretations and outcomes of a single map being played.

And yeah, aafritz17, since this is my last map I did indeed leave a nice Spanish 'gift' for the players to find first. And I'll give everyone the hint where it is: just head north to about 1 or 2 o'clock. You'll find it. You can even settle it if you want. Good luck and have fun!

HR

Dude! Thanks for the gift, thanks for the heads-up, but MOST IMPORTANTLY, THANKS FOR THE GOOD TIMES.

On behalf of all those who silently enjoyed this series over the years, just wanted to thank you for your dedication to keeping the game alive.
- The Lurkers

Thanks, beetle, was anxious to get going on this one.

HR - many thanks for all the work. I learned much through the games and the discussions.

- z

HR - many thanks as well. I learned a lot from your GOTMs. I also appreciate the effort you put into setting up good starts, interesting maps, and opponent types and locations. I almost never get good games like these from my normal games.

- KC

..I did indeed leave a nice Spanish 'gift' for the players to find first. And I'll give everyone the hint where it is: just head north to about 1 or 2 o'clock.
Aaaagh should've read this thread much earlier.. well 100G is more than nothing

Thanks for all the games Rabbi!

Top Bottom