Next War for BAT 3.0.1

First and foremost, thanks for the mod-merge. I remember merging these two mods myself some years ago, comparing files an copying individuals lines without any knowledge of the code behind it all. Not an easy task.

Whilst playing I encountered a few bugs though. Would be really nice if you could look into them.

1. Purely graphical: The Dreadnought looks like a ship (icon an model).

2. Arcology, Arcology Shielding and Deflector Shielding should replace each other.
Currently, when you build the Arcology Shielding, the Arcology building is correctly removed, however you are able to build a new one. So effectively you could have all three of them at the same time.
There is an explicit Error printout when completing the Arcology Shielding. I'll edit this post, when I manage to write it down next time.

Again, thanks a lot. Know that your work is really appreciated :)

Did some investigating myself:

Bug#1:
Cause: The "ART_DEF_UNIT_DREADNOUGHT" UnitArtInfo is defined twice.

Solution:
Open ...\MODS\Next BAT War\Assets\Modules\Varietas Delectat\XML\UnitArt\ModernEra_4VD_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml
On line 5671 replace "<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_DREADNOUGHT</Type>"
With: "<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_DREADNOUGHTX</Type>"

Bug #2:
Cause:
Next War defines a "cannotConstruct" function, that returns "true" when a higher-level shield is present in a city. Returns "False" in all other cases.
\Assets\Python\CvGameUtils.py line 181: def cannotConstruct(self,argsList):

In the BUG code the "cannotConstruct" identifier only appears once:
\Assets\Python\BUG\BugGameUtils.py line 196: self._setDefault("cannotConstruct", False)

So my assumption is the following: BUG sets the value to False as default, while Next War relies on the function.

Solution:
Open ...\MODS\Next BAT War\Assets\Python\BUG\BugGameUtils.py
On line 196 replace "self._setDefault("cannotConstruct", False)"
With: "# self._setDefault("cannotConstruct", False)"

Disclaimer: Any of these changes (and the second one specifically) might quite possibly break something else. I would really appreciate someone with more knowledge of the BUG code commenting on these fixes. I'll test them myself and post my results.

@Prisma2000.

This is perhaps the wrong forum to relay bug reports about Next BAT War. You should check to see if MqDuck has a forum for NBW in order to submit them.

I doubt that he will see your report if it's here.

We might be able to help with the BUG Mod related questions that you posed, but we don't specifically support NBW.

Sorry.

-LM

Not so fast LM ... I am interested in a BAT / Next War hybrid ... tried it myself but the component approach of BAT defeated me.

Not so fast LM ... I am interested in a BAT / Next War hybrid ... tried it myself but the component approach of BAT defeated me.
^%#&. Were those the files I was supposed to look at? Darn it!

Do you still want me to look at them? Or have you solved the problem?

I'm sorry I forgot. :blush:

^%#&. Were those the files I was supposed to look at? Darn it!
yes :(
Do you still want me to look at them?
nah - don't worry about it.
Or have you solved the problem?
nope - gave up. Started the game I wanted to play the mod with and, man is it heavy going. Haven't even got to alphabet in the 5 or so attempts so far (deity with tons of raging barbs).
I'm sorry I forgot. :blush:
no problems

*dig* *necro*
Is somebody maintaining this thread (does not seem so)?

Because after checking this out for somebody else I noticed that the Python was not merged properly, and made a real merge for that part.
I'd provide the files, would be good if the download could then be updated.

yes pls.

Hi please post different link for download, it isn't working, I am in Europe

google drive link perhaps?

Top Bottom