Nexus Viewer Help???

Civitar

Adventurer
Whenever I open Nexus from the SDK or directly (when I'm using the old SDK that is supposed to let the viewer work), I get an error report:

Unable to launch asset '-Nexus 4320'. Check path location​

and immediately afterwards I get:

The viewer has closed unexpectedly!
Would you like to restart it?​

Then if I click Yes, the first message pops up again, followed by the second message, and so on until I click No. Then in the Nexus Viewer menu, there is...no viewer.:mad:

Please help me, I'm trying to preview my units with color without having make a mod and load the game every time.

:please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please: :please:

It sounds like you may need to change a couple of paths in the registry.

ToolAssetPath in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firaxis\Tools
should be set to the path to your CiV installation folder
e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V

AssetPath in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firaxis\Nexus\Viewer
should be set to the path to your CiV Assets folder
e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets

Executable in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Firaxis\Nexus\Viewer
should be set to the Viewer.exe you want to use (i.e., the old version)
e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK.OLD\Nexus\x86\Viewer.exe

Did all of that.

D:\STEAM\SteamApps\common\sid meier's civilization v sdk.OLD3D\Nexus\x86\Viewer.exe

Doesn't work :lol:

When I open old nexus:

Code:
'Unknown argument type "  RemoveAsset' in message 'LoadAsset' 

Unknown argument type "SetActionValue" in message "SetPlaybackEvent Code"

The message SetPlaybackEventCode can not be used unit the errors are resolved

Unknown argument type "SetTrackingMode" in message "SetPlaybackAnimationGraph"

Unknown argument type "Play3DSound in message Play2DSound"

And the same for StopAllSounds, StopTrackedSound, etPlaybackTrackMask, RequestShaderState, Asset Path Begin, and I was astonished when this chain of errors stopped :p

But I don't see previous error so there is some kind of progress :lol:

EDIT
I cannot also open FBX file with Nexus Buddy 2 - I choose 'open this file with...', choose Nexus Buddy2.exe and nothing happens :p

@Krajzen: Try ignoring those error messages and just opening the viewer. Mine actually started loading but I didn't see if it worked because it was taking a loooong time. But hey, at least it was starting up, which is more than it ever did before.;)

EDIT: Never mind, it just kept loading...and loading...and loading...

You ROCK!!! :trophy: It worked perfectly, no error reports, not one! That is the first time I have ever opened Nexus with no trouble!

Now Warhammer Fantasy Battles can begin to take off![party]

:thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx: :thanx:

Seriously, I've been wrestling with that for so long.

EDIT A COUPLE MONTHS LATER: And from the number of units I've now done, I think I should double the number of :thanx: above.

All those errors occur when you're using the wrong Nexus. You have to start the old Nexus.exe manually, not through the SDK launcher.

but... I open it manually... : (

Hm it seems that I am missing something OBVIOUS.

Currently I have SteamAps folder and here:

- Civilization V
- Civilisation V SDK
- Civilization V 'old' SDK -> old Nexus -> Nexus Buddy 2 and granny editor

Any stupid basic mistake here? Or some kind of stupid basic setting?

EDIT

Hm, strange. When I launch old Nexus and steam loads -> SDK menu opens, errors appear. When I launched old Nexus and stopped steam process before ending, no errors have shown. I will check if it works...

EDIT2

Nexus Buddy 2 works. Granny Editor works but not for br2 of my unit but I guess this is my mistake :lol: but Nexus Buddy finally works! Thanks guys :p

Krajzen: You don't want to launch "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK.exe" (even the old one), you want to run "[path to old SDK]\Nexus\x86\Nexus.exe"

You can obviously make a shortcut to it somewhere convenient for you.

OK, now there's another problem with it, so I haven't been able to use Nexus since I got BNW.
When I open an asset file to view it in Nexus, I can't link the Viewer and the Asset Viewer, so if I manually open the 3D View, I only see a black screen. And if I manually open Viewer.exe, it says that the Viewer was unable to attach to Nexus and would now exit.
Again, this only happened once I got BNW.

I didn't do anything with the SDK, and I did get one unit into the 3D View after getting BNW (CL's Afghanistani Camel Gunners who use Berber Cavalry animations). After those, however, I can never open the 3D View. I tried redownloading the old SDK and doing the regedit stuff all over again, but absolutely nothing changed. Everything worked except the Viewer, which would open from the Nexus menu but not from the Asset Viewer window (the button to send to view stayed grayed out even when the 3D View was open. So I can open the 3D View, I just can't see anything. Blank black screen is all.
Also, when I open Nexus, the Error Log tells me that I have ArgumentException, ReflectionTypeLoadException, and NullReferenceException (NullRef is just the mesh not loading, which I got even when the View was working).

I don't know, what is the correct path? It was set to the broken Viewer.exe when I looked at it, but changing it to the older Viewer.exe didn't fix anything. Then I tried setting it to CivilizationV.exe, and I got the popup when opening Asset Viewer, but still couldn't use 3D Viewer. Neither choosing DX9 (my usual play settings) or just clicking the X on the corner to dismiss the popup changed anything. When I chose DX9 I didn't go to the Civ5 main menu though.
If it matters, I have never, ever gotten that popup, even when the 3D View was working.

Top Bottom