NHL 2017-2018 Season

Synobun

Deity
We're now less than two weeks away from hockey! Some pre-season shenaniganery and then off into the actual season.

What does everyone think about Vegas? Any bets on whether or not they'll crack the playoffs?

They've added a two minute penalty to failed coach's challenges now. Good idea? Bad?

If anyone is running a hockey fantasy league or wants to run one for CFC, I'd be very keen. I don't know anything about running a league so I'd just sign on as a member. :(

Pre-season means nothing.
Habs fan here!

I say that Vegas will finish out of the playoffs.
Habs might also

Leafs walk away from the bloodbath with a 4-3 win over the Blackhawks. :)

It went to OT, which sucks, but I'm really more surprised that they pulled off a comeback. Wouldn't have happened last year.

You have the Leafs losing in the first round? :run:

I used to do this every year, but I don't follow hockey close enough anymore to really make predictions. I'll be watching though. Pulling for the Leafs in the east and the Sharks in the west.

I used to do this every year, but I don't follow hockey close enough anymore to really make predictions. I'll be watching though. Pulling for the Leafs in the east and the Sharks in the west.

I don't follow closely enough to make accurate predictions. I'm just going off of gut feel and then seeing if my gut feel has any basis in reality after the fact. :p

Leafs had a good season but I expect them to get humiliated by the Bruins.

On the flip side, at least Marchand hasn't gone Hannibal Lector on anyone in this game... yet.

So I watched my first hockey game in years last night. First off I didn't even know Vegas had a hockey team :eek:

Second, that opening ceremony was in a typical Vegas fashion, completely over the top. I loved it!

You picked the perfect game to tune into. Vegas got a hockey team this season and they've been doing incredible, especially in comparison to past expansion teams. The city really bought into it and their pre-game shows in the Playoffs have been over the top like that. No other team does it. It's hilarious.

You picked the perfect game to tune into. Vegas got a hockey team this season and they've been doing incredible, especially in comparison to past expansion teams. The city really bought into it and their pre-game shows in the Playoffs have been over the top like that. No other team does it. It's hilarious.

No other team does it, but it apparently works. An opposing coach said they prepared hand signals for making adjustments to their lines because for the first five to ten minutes of the game it's impossible to communicate on the bench. Coincidentally(?), last night was the first series opener for Vegas that they didn't have a lead by the five minute mark.

I'm glad Vegas is about to lose. I'm sick of teams in sunshine cities, where no one gives a damn about hockey, winning championships. Yeah I'm bitter. :p

I want Vegas to win too. An expansion team winning it all in their first season would be an awesome story. Has any expansion team in any sport ever done that?

Edit: Surprisingly yes but it was in soccer so who cares

Top Bottom