Nice Start I'd Like to Share

Ichabod

Gaucho
Well, I've started a game last night and I randomed Tokugawa. When I saw his face on my screen i remembered the advice from the forum: "If you can keep up with your economy until gunpowder units, you're in a good position!".

So, I've started to think what I could do to manage this since Tokugawa traits are far from good traits for the economy.

Then, I've took a look at the start:

:D Problem solved, i guess... :p

So, I thought about sharing this with you... My gift to this amazing forum that improved my gameplay a lot!

Settings are fractal, emperor difficulty, normal speed, large world size, temperate climate, medium sea level. Patch is 3.17, I haven't patched my game yet, sorry...

Random events and tribal villages are on too and choose religions too...

I had to give up the map because of the large size, my computer was handling it poorly.

I'm eager to see players a lot better than me playing this! :goodjob:

Attachments

• Tokugawa BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    50.3 KB · Views: 47
Large..... :sad:

I've really got to get a new computer.

Lack of an economic trait isn't going to stop Japan from being a tech fiend in this game.

Wauv with so much early money you just have to rush an AI with swords/HA's or even cats and phants, you could get them so soon the Ai won't stand a chance :devil:

Spoiler :
Monarch player here. I stole a worker from the civ just to the SW VERY early, making for a beautiful start. Copper in the BFC = Axe rush = whee free cities.

Random event: free shock promotion for axes. I turned the captured capital into a National Epic city and utterly destroyed Justinian with highly veteran Samurai - only to find that there was another continent full of AIs far more advanced than me. Holy crap. I checked demographics and found a civ with four times my pop. I was around last place (except Justinian) in everything.. holy friggin' crap wtf!? I knew Emperor would be hard, but WHAT.

Holy cow man! :eek:

That's gonna be one outstanding capital!

Top Bottom